DJ Olive MP3 Interview & Gabriel & Dresden Remix

Share your tracks with other users.
Jesse

DJ Olive MP3 Interview & Gabriel & Dresden Remix

Post by Jesse » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:05 pm

Hi All,
There are two new artist stories up, an mp3 interview with DJ Olive, and a remix contest with Gabriel & Dresden. To check them out, click here.

Gabriel & Dresden Remix Contest

To celebrate Gabriel and Dresden's self-titled release, Ableton and Remix magazine are happy to offer stems from the track "Tracking Treasure Down" as a downloadable Live Set remix contest. The producers/DJs themselves, Josh Gabriel and Dave Dresden, will be judging the contest, so prepare to make the remix of your life. For more information, check out www.remixmag.com and the April issue of Remix.

First prize: Apple 30GB iPod with video; Ableton Live 5 software; a signed copy of Gabriel & Dresden's debut artist album, Gabriel & Dresden; VIP tickets to a G&D show in a city near you; and a one-year subscription (or renewal) to Remix magazine.

Second prize: Ableton Live 5 software, a signed copy of Gabriel & Dresden, and a one-year subscription (or renewal) to Remix magazine.

The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2006. Either a vocal or an instrumental remix is acceptable, but only one remix entry per person, please.

Note: As many of you Live users probably already have Live 5, we can apply this to be an upgrade to Live 6 when it comes out in the third quarter of this year.

Thanks!
The Abletons

7/5/06 Update

GABRIEL & DRESDEN REMIXING CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Thanks to everyone who entered the Gabriel & Dresden remixing contest, sponsored by Remix magazine and Ableton. DJ/producers Josh Gabriel and Dave Dresden listened to tons of remixes from all over the world (Israel, Taipei, Sweden, Australia and Poland being just a handful of the countries represented). Contestants created many different interpretations of the duo’s first single, “Tracking Treasure Down,” from Gabriel & Dresden's self-titled debut album (Organized Nature, 2006).

We apologize for the long wait, but it’s finally time to announce the winners! The second-prize winner goes to Robert Persaud (aka Robbie Styles) from Trinidad & Tobago, who won a copy of Ableton Live 5, a signed copy of G&D’s debut artist album, Gabriel & Dresden (Organized Noise, 2006) and a year subscription or renewal to Remix.

And congratulations to the first-prize winner, Chris Vanderkolk (aka Retrobyte) from Ann Arbor, Mich.! He won a video iPod, Live 5, signed copy of Gabriel & Dresden, more Remix issues at his doorstep and VIP tickets to a Gabriel & Dresden show. Gabriel & Dresden also played Vanderkolk’s remix on the duo’s “May Essential Mix” show on BBC1. To top it off, the guys signed one of Vanderkolk’s original tracks, “Going Down,” to their label, Organized Nature.

Stay tuned for more remixing contests to come from Remix, and go to www.ableton.com for future contest announcements.
Last edited by Jesse on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forge

Post by forge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:46 pm

cant see anything on the website about the remix comp

forge

Post by forge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:47 pm

EDIT: just saw the link on their Ableton page - for some reason I missed it at first!

Miguex

Post by Miguex » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:32 am

Thanks for putting this contests together, this motivates me to work on music and learn new things on every track.

You can check mine here:
http://www.shikakufx.com/audiostream/

good luck to everyone!

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:57 am

That's pretty dope! Man... I hope I win the Ableton software.....

wait!!

:P

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:19 pm

best remix project on here yet by miles!

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 pm

here's my submission.. i started it when i made my previous post ..5 hours and a whole packet of cigarettes later.. http://www.fridge.net.au/audio/TREASURE.mp3

EDIT: make that 3 hours including 30 mins to upload!..

lerky

Post by lerky » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:13 pm

http://www.emasters.co.uk/userfiles/533/disappear.mp3

not a final obviously but just messing around, any thoughts?

dbolt

Post by dbolt » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:25 pm

I finally have a finished copy of my REMIX and wanted to know the best way to send you guys my Music File. Can I give you a link to my SAVEFILE.com Upload Site and you can download the file from their? What type of file do you want again I know its MP3 does it matter what quality 190 or 320 or??

Thanks
Dustin

EDIT EDIT SORRY I Read the Artist link and see where I should send the Track.

But now my question is I send the track on a CDR of course right? Can I use 44/16 bit WAV format? Also should I list any equipment, Plug in, or Mastering that was done? Could I send pics of the studio or something like that?

Thanks
Dustin

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:40 pm

dbolt wrote:I finally have a finished copy of my REMIX and wanted to know the best way to send you guys my Music File. Can I give you a link to my SAVEFILE.com Upload Site and you can download the file from their? What type of file do you want again I know its MP3 does it matter what quality 190 or 320 or??

Thanks
Dustin

EDIT EDIT SORRY I Read the Artist link and see where I should send the Track.

But now my question is I send the track on a CDR of course right? Can I use 44/16 bit WAV format? Also should I list any equipment, Plug in, or Mastering that was done? Could I send pics of the studio or something like that?

Thanks
Dustin
can i hear your mix man?

dbolt

Post by dbolt » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:18 pm

I just put some finishing touches on it before I left for work. I'll post link in about 8 to 9 hours from now.

I checked out your mix in the Music Link sweetjesus very nice mix I dig it alot. The Bass line was killer I couldnt tell if you remade the bass yourself or just put some effects like a filter of some sort on it. It sounds like you did both.

I've only done one other remix besides this one and that was the MBM Wild REmix and I finished it a while back but haven't sent in it yet, wanted to take a listen to it after taking a break from it.

I believe we talked about the Yamaha DX7 before and didnt you say you have an Andromeda :?:

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:28 am

dbolt wrote:I just put some finishing touches on it before I left for work. I'll post link in about 8 to 9 hours from now.

I checked out your mix in the Music Link sweetjesus very nice mix I dig it alot. The Bass line was killer I couldnt tell if you remade the bass yourself or just put some effects like a filter of some sort on it. It sounds like you did both.

I've only done one other remix besides this one and that was the MBM Wild REmix and I finished it a while back but haven't sent in it yet, wanted to take a listen to it after taking a break from it.

I believe we talked about the Yamaha DX7 before and didnt you say you have an Andromeda :?:
yeah mate, i do have an andromeda. its my workhorse...good memory. also ave a dx 7 which feels rather neglected!

the mix you heard isnt the final one and i've added a bit more spice to the overall thing. the bassline and leads were all played in via the a6.

will check out your mix when it's up in 8 hours or so man.. look forward to it.

regards.

djteva

Here's my entry...My remix

Post by djteva » Mon May 08, 2006 11:28 am

I just finished my remix...This wasn't an easy track to remix...the acapella doesn't come in on 1.

www.djteva.com/mp3/treasure.mp3

or go to my site to listen

www.djteva.com

frahnque

Post by frahnque » Mon May 15, 2006 11:04 am

Ooooh, I sent my remix in today.
Hopefully they meant that end date isthe last day to send yer things in (not the last day of arrival) ;)
Live 8.1 Suite + M4L and C'74 MAX5
Macbook Air 13", 4 Gb Ram - Lion
Thinkpad W510 Core i7 720-QM, 8 Gb Ram - Win7 64-bit

Soundcloud-> http://soundcloud.com/frank-bolero

Miguex

Post by Miguex » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:58 am

So what's going on with this?
Anyone knows the results?

peace :lol: