I wish ABLETON would get their heads out of their asses . .

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Alternatives

I wish ABLETON would get their heads out of their asses . .

Post by Alternatives » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:05 am

I wish ABLETON would get their heads out of their asses and make a proper version of live optimized for OS X. I and other people are already looking for alternate live applications. It's bullshit that live should perform so crappy on a fast MAC.

ABLETON! Please, fix this problem. You are the only App. that runs like crap on the mac.

quandry

Re: I wish ABLETON would get their heads out of their asses . .

Post by quandry » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:18 am

Alternatives wrote:I wish ABLETON would get their heads out of their asses and make a proper version of live optimized for OS X. I and other people are already looking for alternate live applications. It's bullshit that live should perform so crappy on a fast MAC.

ABLETON! Please, fix this problem. You are the only App. that runs like crap on the mac.
That is a total bullshit statement, especially if it refers to osx. Give me, and the awesome folks at ableton a break.

Ryan

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:40 am

i wish apple would get their heads out of their asses and make osx an even somewhat useable os for audio. between the inability to disarm audio interface channels and the fucked up screen redraw issue, i can't believe anyone's using it for audio at all. ableton rules! fuck osx! os94ever!

k

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:29 pm

No disrespect, but I've released a few discs of music made with applications running within a Mac OS X environment.

In my experience, Live's poor performance is the lone exception and not the rule for audio applications in OS X.

Frankly, I too would like to read a simple, clear posting from Ableton admitting that Live is slow and that they are working on fixing this.

-Alex

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:56 am

Alex Reynolds wrote:Frankly, I too would like to read a simple, clear posting from Ableton admitting that Live is slow and that they are working on fixing this.
Hi,

we know about the OS X performance issues and have recently allocated a substantial amount of development time to improve the situation. As always, we cannot tell you when to expect what, because of too many uncertainties involved. Thanks for your understanding.

Gerhard / ableton

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:45 am

Thanks Gerhard for the reply.
I/we look forward to the improvements.

All the best,

-SongCarver

atom_b

bad reputation

Post by atom_b » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:49 pm

It is people like you, Alternatives, who give mac users a bad reputation of being totally incompetent and ignorant and egocentric. Did you do at least a little research about what you are saying?

Move over to N-I and have a look at the trouble users of Mac OS are in, move over to Steinberg, ah, move where ever you like, look at how other platforms have been doing in the past seven years compared to 'the professional's choice' Mac OS, and your talk about reliability and performance can be shifted into perspective.

More, did you give a thought that OSX is a relativly young sytem, no matter that it derives from mature and stable unices? There's still a lot of work to do for apple as well as for application developers before you will have a stable and fast performing DAW, as you may have today with the platform of the evil empire (I am working on both, but I'd loved to work on real Unices exclusively).

That said, don't you think, that ableton know about the facts, of course far more better than you, apparently, since they come from the Mac platform? Don't you think they are doing serious work on this matter, earning to be talked to respectfully? At least they do, you don't!

Maybe you dust yourself off and try again...

Regards

BV
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

rand

Please don't listen to the aggressive rude ones Ableton.

Post by rand » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:33 pm

I hate to even add my name to this post but....

Dear Ableton,
PLEASE, Please don't listen to the aggresive rude ones, Mac or PC.
Please folk, "can't we all just get along"?...
We don't have to turn this into a riot and burn down the whole city.

Very happy to hear ya publicly admit that there are performance problems with _Live and OSX_ AND that you're actively working on it. [I really have no major performance problems with all my other pro media aps in OSX and just will not deal with OS9 anymore... I am constantly looking for an alternative too but would rather keep using & recommending Live to all my clients. I just hope the solution comes soon though.
sincerely
R