M-Audio Forum......

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:55 pm

If money is'nt to tight then i would go for the Motu ultralite or wait and get the rme fireface400 both equally good value.As for keys im using a Korg Kontrol49, and its doing just fine for me at the mo.

Ass wiping hammers, its all a bit of fun.....death to the 410!!

HD1

Post by HD1 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:57 pm

I'll shit on my flaming 410 for a nickel
bing bing!

vertigo

Post by vertigo » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:01 pm

I have nothing to complain about with my M-Audio stuff. My band reecently went on tour, I was using the firewire 1814, Oxygen 8 and Trigger Finger with an older Mac Mini and no problems what so ever. M-Audio is just like every other company, except its cheaper and has more availability, I bet if everyone was able to afford a Motu or RME, you would hear about more problems. People always have a tendancy to pay more attention to the bad then the good.

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:05 pm

Excuse my paintshop skills :lol:

hafnarbakki

Post by hafnarbakki » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:25 pm

oh no... DON'T RUIN THE HAMMER!!!
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

minimal

Post by minimal » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:30 pm

vertigo wrote: I bet if everyone was able to afford a Motu or RME, you would hear about more problems. People always have a tendancy to pay more attention to the bad then the good.
don't know, the fact that some brands have established as a standard in the pro segment and other not has some meaning... I guess there could easily be more RME or MOTU user around than m-audio, like tonns of little pro studios and stuff like that... I bet they are not using maudio The price difference between popular gear and pro stuff is quite always given by the higher quality of the components (with some exceptions where you pay for the logo), the support and the drivers update (and reliability) and so on.

I have an m-audio midisport 2x2 and a usb masterkeyboard, every third time I power the computer on I have to reinstall all the drivers for the midi card even if I didn't remove the cable before, so the masterkeyboard goes via midi, couldn't be arsed to have to deal with 2 maudio drivers in my computer. Bought maudio when I was a bit broke, so with 150 € I could have masterkeyboard and midi interface, I knew I'd get what I paid for.
I have an RME as audiocard since 4 months now, never had a problem, just had to install the drivers once, latency 3ms works like a charm, plenty of in/out, internal routing possibilities and stuff. Done some A/b comparison in the studio with some m-audio and dude, where is the sound?
I know some people which are happy with m-audio, never had probs with driver, but it seem to me they are the exception to the rule.
We are alienated by the silly and smart marketing techiniques of the companies at the point that we may buy gear because they look fancy and hi-tech and we associate it with hi quality.. just have a look at the Hi End home sound system, the better they are the more minimal is the design, maybe just a led for power an input selector and the volume but hey they DO sound good, while on the crappy sony-like "hifi" to be found in the supermarket next to the diapers there are orgies of lights leds, sound enhancement presets and whatnot they have a really sad sound, you see what I mean?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:05 am

First off.......the ultralite was mentioned.

Sign up at the motu forum and check it........lot's of unhappy campers. While you are at it, notice that motu is not the ultimate answer either........although CLEARLY you'll hear more about happy users than unhappy.

The apogee rosetta is the consumate soundcard. It is the one that all the others look up to..............but it's more than double what I paid for my traveler.

I don't know about rme. I hear good things but they have the most bizzare combos.........

ok........I'm rambling......sorry

HD1

Post by HD1 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:52 am

maudio ?....i wipe my ASS with maudio
bing bing!

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:53 am

RopeyPunter wrote:maudio ?....i wipe my ASS with maudio
That's nasty, you don't know where that ass has been!

HD1

Post by HD1 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:02 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
maudio?....i wipe my ARSE with maudio
nasty ass ? ...wipe it with maudio
bing bing!

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:06 am

lmnfAo !!!
Last edited by DeadlyKungFu on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

andrewlogan

Post by andrewlogan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:16 am

I don't know, I've had success with most of my m-audio products, my way outdated quattro and omni burned out, but besides that I have a midiman keystation 49, O2 and BX8s and they all work great, bear in mind they cater specifically to people on a budget.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:15 am

I wish I would have stayed on a budget.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:18 am

Why would you risk catching something from it?

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:47 pm

What the whole company and all its workers, shurely thats not fair on the innocent!!