A Moral Question.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:09 pm

hehe, adonis.

I'm lookin for the sample 'hey aint my baby daddy - he just a sperm donor'
its on the DMX mix I linked a while ago...he's got loads of kool ghetto samples (dmx the eletronic musician, not the rapper)

check out www.durftal.com/music/index.html
for some good mixes from cylob, soundmurderer and dmx

some pirate radio stuff too that I havent checked out yet.
spreader of butter

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:18 pm

djadonis206 wrote:probably a very daft, racist, homophobic, egocentric and gender-phobic question but....

does anyone know where to get the original sample -

"My house is your house and your house is mine"

?????

Phil Kieran blew it up on "My House" on Skint a few years back I had an idea that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. but this thread is getting a lot of action 3k plus views???

I know I know, how could someone actually be about tracking down a sample (music) when they're actually cheating on their gay republican boyfriend from china who has AIDS, 4 kids on welfare with one son in Iraq born of a jewsih Lesbian mother who did time in a concentration camp? I know - life's a bitch but I think the sample fits in this thing I got going on right now...so I'm looking

anyone know about this one? You guys seem to know a lot about everything else :)

but seriously - I don't really don't want to life it off Phil's track but I'll do what I gotta do if it gets desperate

Peace

DJA!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:21 pm

The fact is that your married, its a binding contract of trust, once you break it there is no going back, you may aswell divorce your wife and sleep with the other girl if you want her that badly. It time to make a choice between love and lust. Lust feels amazing for a bit, Love feels good for a long time. You cheat on your wife, you will never be able to look her in the eyes again. In fact you will love her a little less every day.

Patch

Post by Patch » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 pm

This thread is getting out of hand...

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:46 pm

from wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
---------

Vicious circles

For many people, the characterising feature of trolling is the perception of intent to disrupt a community in some way. Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted, meant to draw other users into engaging the troll in a fruitless confrontation. The greater the reaction from the community the more likely the user is to troll again , as the person develops beliefs that certain actions achieve his/her goal to cause chaos. This gives rise to the often repeated protocol in Internet culture: "Do not feed the trolls."
Often, a person will post a sincere message about which he is emotionally sensitive. Skillful trolls know that an easy way to upset him is to falsely claim that he is a "troll." In forums where most users are similar to each other, outsiders may be perceived as trolls simply because they do not fit into the social norms of that group. It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a user who merely has different values, views, or ideas, and a user who is intentionally trolling. This can lead to genuinely hostile behavior, including flame wars.

pretty interesting. I think the last highlighted piece is pretty relevant to this forum. keyser & his other aliases fit nicely into the first part of the description, imo.
spreader of butter

nolus

Post by nolus » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:28 pm

this forum loves trolls, and seems to relish a good flame war.

i quite enjoy some of the better troll posts, especially if they are having a subtle dig at some pompus git or some ridiculous aspect of the forum group-think.

keyser, I strongly suspect that you are trolling, But obviously it can't be proven. when bounce first came to the forum i wasn't sure about him either, especially since most of his posting seemed to consist of re-igniting old flame wars. but he does post intelligent and useful comments as well, so i changed my mind about him. But iv'e never seen anything from you that was in any way usefull or interesting. your arguments are not consistent, and your post about the use of the word 'yet' was just absurd. nobody in their right mind would put the word at the end of the sentance. "i havn't done it yet' and 'yet i havn't done it' are totally different in meaning.

iif you are a troll then i guese you are a successful one a far as getting a reaction is concerned. but you are not entertaing at all. your tone is that of a pompous, and pedantic bore.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:50 pm

nolus wrote:this forum loves trolls, and seems to relish a good flame war.
No, a very few people do, most of us don't. I like the funny stuff, but I don't know how some people take themselves so seriously. It's the internet, get over it.

Nazis cheated on their spouses. Do you want to be a Nazi?

nolus

Post by nolus » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:01 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
ouch! I hope that wasn't directed at me.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:53 pm

[quote="Keyser Soze]
Spikee wrote:
If you don't want amateur psychology, then don't air your problems on a music forum.

All the more reason why you need counselling -- I have issues in my life but I'm not comnig on to this forum, appealing for what will inevitably be amateur psychology!
Perhaps that is true, though as I have said in previous posts, it was more a supposition I was putting across. More a question of what would you do in that situation. I didn't realise I would get all this flak. It is not as you consider, a "problem". Loads of people have put suppositions on this forum in the past and haven't had such an aggressive response. Of course I realise that I am not the most popular person here, in fact many even despised. But I can deal with it and I kind of like this notoriety, which is one of the reasons I choose to remain anonymous.[/quote][/quote]

Ok, superior secret agent man.

Once again, let me help you onto your feet, out of the nether regions you're dwelling in and into the world of the living. A supposition is when someone says "Hey, let's say you're married but a hot chick comes along and spread her legs, what do you do?"

I understand your need under all of this flak to divert your intentions, but what are people supposed to think dude? What conclusions should people draw from "She has also made it clear to me that she wants no commitment or involvement, just a bit of fun. I have to admit I am tempted. She is that gorgeous!!!", "But AAAAAAGH!!! This woman trying to get it on with me is so beautiful and sexy!!!!"

What are people supposed to think? Well, I'll tell you what they will think. They think "Shit, this dude is seriously debating on cheating on his wife!"

Dude, there are a lot of guys out there that love the ladies. I'm not talking about T&A though, I'm talking about respecting a woman. Which is includes sticking up for an oblivious wife, possibly a raiser of children, and making sure that you don't go fucking her over. So, no fucking shit that you got your bell rung in this thread.

And who gives a shit if you're popular on a stupid message forum or not? Do you think I give a shit what you think? When has my self worth ever been for sale or debate? Better yet, when has yours ever been? Listening to you talk about popularity, superiority, all that simple-minded bullshit... damn dude. Get your morals together, your head right and start strutting like you have a pair!

Get your ass in check, because everytime you touch a keyboard shit flies across the screen.

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:02 am

Keysar Soze wrote:Just kidding guys. I know I am totally condtradictory and ridiculous, I have serious self-worth problems and have to try and validate myself by putting others down. I am actually not married, dropped out of high school, and sit alone in my mom's basement in my spandex spidy suit making us stories to rile people up. Maybe someday I'll get help and figure my life out, but until then I'll probably just keep being a know it all and totally school everyone here with my sweet argumentative skills and unparalleled understanding of the english language. Sometime I actually jack off to myself because I am so cool, and I know many of you jack off to me and all of my songs that you own on my records, and the stuff I do on films and tv. Off to have some cheesy toast...
Now that is pretty low and cowardly. Someone making out it is the me. No doubt some of you know that this is an imposter. I don't appreciate this strategy at all. It is the act of a lowlife scumbag who doesn't have the courage to "fight it out" on equal ground. I feel total contempt for whoever posted the above. Seeing that it has got down to this level it is time for me to bow out of this forum. I do afterall have better things to do with my time.

Of course most of you will be extremely happy that I will no longer contribute here, but also know that the above post is below the belt. Anyone with any decency will recognise that and know it is unfair. So don't think you have gained a victory. You haven't!! I am bowing out because I won't sink to those depths or play by those rules. I generally have remained civil in all my debates and to my knowledge never started abusing anyone unless the other party started it first.

I expect a few more derogatory remarks at me in response to my final post, but rest assured I won't even sneak a peek at these pages or be back ever again. There is no value in that. Virtually nothing any of you have to say is worthwhile or enlightening in any way to me at least. Maybe some of the technical issues/questions raised here might be of use to some beginners, but I am no beginner so there is nothing for me here.

On my part, I saw a lot of my posts as harmless debating, but it seems a lot of you took it to heart. Pride is the downfall of man and that was basically the issue why there was so much antagonism towards me. Many of you basically didn't like being disagreed with and shown how flawed your arguments were. I too will admit to pride aswell, which is why I kept arguing but I argued fairly, in a civil manner until attacked and logically. I explained my standpoints whenever I had to and did not resort to false assumptions and accusations. I used language very carefully and know the nuances of language I would say fairly well. However, a lot of you are not able to recognise these nuances and in many cases completely misunderstood what I had to say. Therefore you would jump to false conclusions, make a post based on these false conclusions and then the whole thing would snowball. Whoever is decent and truly honest (though also have a reasonable command of comprehension skills, because without that you miss the point) will know that to be true.

Should anyone here in future post under the name of Keysar Soze, it won't be me but an imposter. The spelling of my pseudonym is KEYSER. There is no A in it.

I suppose I could go out with a torrent of abuse, but I will remain civil to the last and bow out gracefully. Again I will remind you that any more further digs at me won't be read by me. I can wholeheartedly promise you that!!!! Whatever else derogatory you may have to say about me will only be appreciated by the nutcases who will find some sick pleasure in it.
Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:28 am

nolus wrote:
DeadlyKungFu wrote:
ouch! I hope that wasn't directed at me.
I haven't been keeping score. That comment and my 'cheaters are assholes' comment aren't directed at anyone, unless it really offends them.

How are the death camps coming along??

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:26 am

I love this place! Image

marky

Post by marky » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:01 am

Keyser Soze wrote: Should anyone here in future post under the name of Keysar Soze, it won't be me but an imposter. The spelling of my pseudonym is KEYSER. There is no A in it.
Shut it.

Ah the irony.
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:30 am

Keyser Soze wrote: Virtually nothing any of you have to say is worthwhile or enlightening in any way to me at least. Maybe some of the technical issues/questions raised here might be of use to some beginners, but I am no beginner so there is nothing for me here.
What was the English slang for an effeminate, arrogant, upper class snob? My friends wife who was born in Scotland called Tony Blair by this term, and I've since forgotten it.:?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:13 am

b0unce wrote:from wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
---------

Vicious circles

For many people, the characterising feature of trolling is the perception of intent to disrupt a community in some way. Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted, meant to draw other users into engaging the troll in a fruitless confrontation. The greater the reaction from the community the more likely the user is to troll again , as the person develops beliefs that certain actions achieve his/her goal to cause chaos. This gives rise to the often repeated protocol in Internet culture: "Do not feed the trolls."
Often, a person will post a sincere message about which he is emotionally sensitive. Skillful trolls know that an easy way to upset him is to falsely claim that he is a "troll." In forums where most users are similar to each other, outsiders may be perceived as trolls simply because they do not fit into the social norms of that group. It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a user who merely has different values, views, or ideas, and a user who is intentionally trolling. This can lead to genuinely hostile behavior, including flame wars.

pretty interesting. I think the last highlighted piece is pretty relevant to this forum. keyser & his other aliases fit nicely into the first part of the description, imo.
BTW smooth way to leave @ post #666, you got style I'll give you that much.