DIGITAL PERFORMER USERS READ THIS

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support

DIGITAL PERFORMER USERS READ THIS

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:43 am

Those still using 3.1.1 and experiencing ReWire slave difficulties (ie.no ReWire busses in Live - after the dreaded "Live has detected another active ReWire master application. No ReWire slave applications will be available for use with Live unless you quit the current ReWire master application and restart Live." Followed shortly thereafter by the hard line of tech support that if you can't get it to work quit both applications and try again {My last attempt I tried 17 times!!! }and if that doesn't work contact them again, which if you do they will simply repeat their first suggestion to try again) You will be excited to know that I reinstalled v2.03 and once again this problem dissappeared. Run version 2.1.1 in same project and it reappears...back to 2.03 and opens without a hitch try 2.1.1 fails to open...hmmm I think I'll go back to 2.03 until the next update

madlab

Post by madlab » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:22 am

Just to be sure : do you use Live as a rewire slave or master with DP ?

Fibes

Post by Fibes » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:57 pm

madlab wrote:Just to be sure : do you use Live as a rewire slave or master with DP ?
I hope to use mine as a slave and still be able to use Unity DS-1 as a sampler. Is there a setting i'm missing out on in each program that allows them to coexist?
Fibes
"you can like it, or not like it.

fugu

dp and logic/rewire

Post by fugu » Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:55 pm

hey,

1st and foremost, rtfm (DP4 rewire section).. it's handy and explains this:

To add Live as a rewire slave, open DP4 1st (with Live not open). assuming you've already opened Live 2.1 (at a previous time) it will have already registered Live as a Rewire Slave.. you'll see AbletonLive Main LR as a Stereo Audio Bundle, make it an 'active bundle' (this moves it into the 'available for input' menu in DP4 inputs.. )

Then in DP4 add an Aux Track to your project and select the Live Main LR output bundle as the input source and map it to whatever output source you want.. (your sound card)

Then open Live.. it should be ReWired and working perfectly..

hope this helps,

fugu

fugu

dp3 vs. dp4

Post by fugu » Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:58 pm

whoops.. .sorry there.. My instructions were for DP4, dunno if it'll be the same in DP3 but i think it's very similar..

apologies

-fugu

Fibes

Post by Fibes » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:26 pm

I can get Live to work fine in DP3.11, the problem is that i can't run my unity DS-1 soft sampler at the same time. i had to bounce the rhythm tracks in live, drop them into an audio track, quit, reboot, open DP3 and then i could use unity without a rewire conflict. Maybe I have unity and live set as masters or something. i dunno, this whole thing is a bit new to me. i quit mt tape habit less than 2 years ago.

BTW others have had this same problem with live 2.11. I don't remember the issue in 2.03, but then again, i only ran it on one session.
Fibes

madlab

Post by madlab » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:04 am

do you use Unity DS1 in rewire mode or as a MAS plug in ? In the dp 3.1 manual, they say you should avoid to use one synth in rewire mode and others as Mas PI.

Fibes

Post by Fibes » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:48 pm

Yes i did have Unity in PI mode. When i get finished mixing this album i'll mess with it. I'm still not positive that it will work together in rewire but...

Thanks
Fibes

utm

Post by utm » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:29 pm

I saw this thread last week and didn't say anything but I have DP 3.11 & 4 + Untity 2.1.3 and Retro 2.1.2 and all the versions of Live from 1.5 up to the latest. Under OS 9, I have been able to get DP 3.x, Live and the Bitheadz stuff working OK - but I must run the Bitheadz stuff in ReWire mode - which means always launching DP first. You can't use the Bitheadz software FreeMIDI plug-ins or OMS. Since I upgraded to OS X a year ago, I have not been using those versions, but I believe they still work together fine if I boot back into 9. If you want me to detail any of my settings, I will check it out.

I kinda miss using the Bitheadz stuff but since DP 4 isn't compatible with the newer Session (AU) yet, I haven't upgraded to Session. And I should note that even though I could get everything to work, it wasn't without a few bugs and crashes.