prozac, live, reaktor 4, reason 2.5 and I'm a new man

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

prozac, live, reaktor 4, reason 2.5 and I'm a new man

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:12 pm

Man, I was charging about mouthing off about how live and reason 2.5 is the be all and end all, and you need nothing else - but then I tried reaktor 4 and humbly ate my words.

I now use reaktor to make loops, ableton live to chuck em all together and rewire reason into live for all the real time stuff (as opposed to loops) and I'm in heaven. It would be nice to use reaktor in real time, but in a way i prefer it this way - and reaktor sure sucks the juice.

Bollocks to ecstacy, weed and yayo - sick of the side effects and come downs, 'they just make it worse' as they say

- reaktor 4, reason 2.5 and ableton live 2.11, prozac, a bit of yoga and I'm a new man. Permanent bliss.

The prozac had to happen because i'd cut my self off almost completely from reality by giving up on everything but music combined with drugs and it soon takes it's toll. It can't be done.

So Just to warn those of you who haven't sunk that low yet, humans aren't designed to make pumping house music and take drugs 24/7, you have to have a life as well. If you don't you risk losing the ability to handle any of it, to be relegated to classic FM and baths with ylang ylang for the rest of your sorry life. It's just not worth it.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:00 pm

here here

Tommy D

Post by Tommy D » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:55 pm

Is it alright to make house music 24 / 7 without taking drugs ? :?:

pgunders

Post by pgunders » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:14 pm

Tommy D wrote:Is it alright to make house music 24 / 7 without taking drugs ? :?:
THAT sounds like living on the edge.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:37 pm

Tommy D wrote:Is it alright to make house music 24 / 7 without taking drugs ? :?:
A better question is whether it is alright to have to listen to house music 24/7 without being force-fed drugs.

-Alex

Tommy D

Post by Tommy D » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:54 pm

Alex Reynolds wrote:
A better question is whether it is alright to have to listen to house music 24/7 without being force-fed drugs.

-Alex

THAT would be scary. 8O

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:40 pm

Nuh - it CAN'T be done!!!!!! :D :wink: :? 8O

the secret formula

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:00 am

you've stumbled on the magic secret formula to making scooby electronic music: the ultimate audio manipulation tool, the all-in-one box, and the macguyver synth package. i'll let you figure out which is which.