Lawsuit against ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
astromass

Lawsuit against ableton?

Post by astromass » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:20 pm

hehe now that i've got your attention....does anybody here remember the banner on ableton.com that said something like: "Windows xp, osX, ableton will continue to develop for all OSs blah blah blah"?

just wondering if this is still ableton's stance since LIVe's performance on the BEST OS on the planet is fucked?

please ableton, let's do some overtime to optimise osX.

Thanks,
+()Dd
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

La Pomme

Controversial idea!!!

Post by La Pomme » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:20 am

A lawsuit!!!!
I remember about a year ago I was pleading for altivec optimization on this forum. Trying to spice up my speech, I added that ableton guys were complete amateurs. Well, everyone, users included, got pissed off, so much that Monolake himself replied I could get a refund for Live in exchange of me shutting the f--k up!!!!!!!!
I unfortunately never purchased that product (nor used a crack), I just tried it on some collegue's laptops. I was at first delighted by the design and stuff, but soon got disapointed by performance...
anyways, the thing is : more than a year after still nothing has been done. You're losing ground, guys!!! Was that amateur joke right or what???????

La Pomme, tout un "Freedom"!

Squeegee

Music

Post by Squeegee » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:42 am

Well, i'd like to hear what kind of music YOU make with other "better performing" software.
c'mon people, software is only as good as the music you make.

s-

EneA

Post by EneA » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:51 am

8)

Right, there is no "perfect" software, neither for music, nor for whatever business application whatsoever.

You just have to deal with the few things that does'nt work that great. Just find another solution. That's just the way it is!!

::mic-minimal:

Post by ::mic-minimal: » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:01 am

so after a year or two later you're not using live but still talking sh*t !?, m*thaf*cka please get out of here and get back to using what you've been using all this time instead of Live. :roll:

jamief

Re: Controversial idea!!!

Post by jamief » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:41 am

La Pomme wrote:A lawsuit!!!!
I remember about a year ago I was pleading for altivec optimization on this forum. Trying to spice up my speech, I added that ableton guys were complete amateurs. Well, everyone, users included, got pissed off, so much that Monolake himself replied I could get a refund for Live in exchange of me shutting the f--k up!!!!!!!!
I unfortunately never purchased that product (nor used a crack), I just tried it on some collegue's laptops. I was at first delighted by the design and stuff, but soon got disapointed by performance...
anyways, the thing is : more than a year after still nothing has been done. You're losing ground, guys!!! Was that amateur joke right or what???????

La Pomme, tout un "Freedom"!
You have obviously got alot of time on your hands eh ?

Re: Lawsuit against ableton?

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:15 am

astromass wrote:
just wondering if this is still ableton's stance since LIVe's performance on the BEST OS on the planet is fucked?

Thanks,
+()Dd
In your selfish rants, you might not realize that way more people own pcs--something like 90+ % of the computers sold are pcs. So don't be so selfish as to think that Live should spend their efforts to try to please the minority that is never satisfied, and always whining.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:10 pm

pc owners only buy computers.
they do not buy software.

EneA

Post by EneA » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:15 pm

:?

?????????????????????????????????? 8O 8O 8O

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:pc owners only buy computers.
that is total bullshit. As a musician and creator of music, I don't want someone robbing and stealing my creations. So in turn I don't take other people's creations, be it software, mp3's, whatever. To say that all pc owners are thieves is a retarded statement.

EneA

Post by EneA » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:32 pm

:roll:

It's getting confusing with all those "Guests" Who is who??

Can you please register again and give yourself a name?

pharmakonMtl

Post by pharmakonMtl » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:pc owners only buy computers.
that is total bullshit. As a musician and creator of music, I don't want someone robbing and stealing my creations. So in turn I don't take other people's creations, be it software, mp3's, whatever. To say that all pc owners are thieves is a retarded statement.
and to say that all mac users are never-happy whiners is an equally unfair statement.

please, gentlemen, let's keep it civil, shall we?

/end Dad mode ;)

void

relative numbers

Post by void » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:44 pm

mmm, probably 90% of the computers sold are pcs, but think on one thing:

60% of those 90% are for games, 30% for word processing/office stuff/internet and maybe only 10% are for creative uses, like music.

in the mac realm, you may find an inverted progression of this numbers..

peace,
evoid

(mac & pc user - buying live soon)

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:To say that all pc owners are thieves is a retarded statement.
I don't think every Windows user is a thief, but the numbers are high. That's why BSA exists.

-Alex

rpsx

Re: Lawsuit against ableton?

Post by rpsx » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:00 pm

astromass wrote: just wondering if this is still ableton's stance since LIVe's performance on the BEST OS on the planet is fucked?

i think i've seen ableton state more then once that live does not have ANY platform specific optimization (mac or windows).

i am an osx user. however, it's really hard for me to blame ableton for apple's poor choice in processor supplier. now that the g5 is here, i'm looking forward to finally having equal processor performance to the pc world, optimization or not. stop whining and start saving (for a g5).