Will live 6 support duel screens as mix and arrangement

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
paddypaws

Will live 6 support duel screens as mix and arrangement

Post by paddypaws » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Or can this be done at the moment, can’t find any info on it
"Unless you see somebody's eyebrows, it's difficult
to communicate. That's why dogs are more popular than
cats - because they have eyebrows." - David Lee Roth
http://myspace.com/paddypaws123

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:32 pm

nope.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:11 pm

i guess you have to be rather pationate untill Live is so sophisticated.

glu

Post by glu » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Does anyone know more or less the reason why this hasn't been incorporated into Live yet? Is it that complex to add a feature that would allow for a simple two monitor set up in preferences? Maybe it's not so simple. I am no coder, but I am curious, there are many of us out there with multiple monitors, itching to see session and arranger at the same time. These two views and their interaction is one of live's best features, I don't understand why they haven't coded support when there is clearly two main views in this program. Any thoughts why?
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

inis

Post by inis » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:41 pm

Ya, id like an answer from ableton about this too. This pisses me off more than anything that they do or dont do for that matter. If they are really making all these improvements to move live into the higher end DAW realm, then this should be one of the main things on the list. Alot of people have been asking for this since version 4.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:47 pm

subfunk wrote:
i guess you have to be rather pationate untill Live is so sophisticated.
rom wasn't built in a day either. Live is a very young apps and it will still take a chunky amount of time for the developement department of ableton to fully catch up. have mercy dude. Live6 is already a giant step forward.

nevertheless, i agree it would be great.

dab

Post by dab » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Does anyone know more or less the reason why this hasn't been incorporated into Live yet?
I was wondering the same here. I thought it was incorporated in Live6. Guess not. Well maybe for future versions. It would be a great thing to work in session view and have the arrangement screen showing at the same time.

dab

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:56 pm

One of the benefits of having it this way I think would be so that they continue to optimixe for a more specific, common interface. THey have already, in my opinion, exceeded many of the complexiites of the Logic work flow, and all of its millions of windows, while maintaining a rather idiot-proof and easy one in just one (session/arrange) paradigm.

Dual screen support undoubtabley come i bet, but taking into consideration the size of the company and the recent upgrade's feature set, I believe that they have their priorities straight.

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:30 pm

I would appreciate the session/arrangement Dual screen feature a lot, too.

Recently i purchased a second monitor and it would be very cool!