Dj Controller for ableton : ) !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:54 pm

I really suprised with tha high amount of request of people, say please make free !
Ok ok, based on all that request i make the aplication free for all the rest of year 2007, and possible in 2008 too : ) and anyone can donate if want and if not its OK : )

I really suprised with the high number of guys after i make the aplicatioin free, they donate, and send positive feedbacks !! and bugs reports : )

Thankyou !

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:01 pm

HELP NEEDED:

If somebdoy can create plugins for OSX, i need plugin for osx, this plugin is for convert amplitude to midi cc value 0 to 127.
I need that midi cc can be sended to external midi device, if somebody can do this i really apreciate.
Usually its not possible send midi out of the vst host, but i se eon the web some guys already do that.

Machinate you are MSX/MSP user? this can be done on MAX/MSP?
Its possible use pluggo for creatre plugin and extract that midi value?

I want this plugin for add chanel vumeter indicator on MonoTouchLive on the chanell levels, this its not a copy from dexter form jazzmutant lol, i work on this for long time based on sweetjesus sugestion, that is freezed and now i have free time and back to that.

I can create plugin for windows to do that, but need somebody can create the plugin for osx : ) free if possible for make public on www.monotouchlive.com, and that plugin be included in the next release file deistribution.

I hoppe sombody can help, best regards.
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:05 pm

is monotouchlive a vst host?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:07 pm

No machinate, ableton its the host for that VST.
That vst just send midi cc vlaues to MonoTouchLive, and that midi cc are used for move vumeter graphic : )

Rober Henke do something like this, a little more simple, and he use for show ond monodek audio overload with a led.

Now i want do that but for move vumeter

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:20 pm

I find on the forum this.

this:http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =peak+gate

OI think this is just a trigger and send when trig 127 value, this can be usefull for show PEAK light on the controller, but not for vumeter.

I need something like that but need convert teh audio aplitude to midi cc o to 127 and the more important thing ist the plugin should be cabale, of send midi out of the ableton host : )

rtopia

Post by rtopia » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:23 pm

an amplitude to midi plugin would be cool for a number of things:

use as a control source for other plug ins
use as a control source for external devices (even cv with a converter)

I'd buy something like this

r

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:24 pm

Yes be really cool, : )
I have othe rtopic where teh sdiscusion about this started:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 797#464797

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 am

I see your still building your DJ Controler.

You are the funnyest person yet.

Youve downgraded a $$$ world beater application(ableton) into a $3 application(yours). Well done!! :lol:

Youve had over 30000 forum views, thank you for creating such fun!! 30000's laughts!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed May 16, 2007 10:30 am

MonoTouchLive, its just a MIDI controller for ableton, builded by me on my home : ) (now building the hardware, end soon)
Your not likeit? ok !! lol anyone already readed the post already know that !
You feel better now after attack to me? You can sleep now ? .......

wonderfull for you : ) zzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzz

Oh and little update info for your fun: 30106 views when i repply to you!!!
More fun ...............!!!!!!! enjoy !!!

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Wed May 16, 2007 12:15 pm

You are full of sh*t!!

First you say you have multtouch almost working, which is impossible!

Now you say your making hardware?

Youve created your app in synthedit, so how you gonna connect that to hardware?

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed May 16, 2007 7:07 pm

style_riser wrote:You are full of sh*t!!

Thankyou for your nice words.... 23 july its my birthday 33 dont forgot sendme red roses :oops: !!.......anyway if you want read.....read.
(and dont forgot i no want fight with you)

style_riser wrote: Youve created your app in synthedit, so how you gonna connect that to hardware?
The answer is YES!! i already conect to hardware, but the answer its NO i not use synthedit (www.synthedit.com) i use SYNTHMAKER its absolutly powerfull, i think in the next years this program be like MAX/MSP, but more powerfull
: )

And other coments:
You never listen about windows embedded?
How you think lemur work? you think they build complete OS from 0?
(they just recompiled linux with things he need)

You think i need build form 0 complete OPERATIVE SYSTEM for make a complete stand alone MIDI hardware controller?

You think SM software its not powerfull tool? ....lol discus that with the developers not we me, i know how much powerfull is SM www.synthmaker.co.uk its a exelent super powerfull and very intuitive tool.

MonoTouchLive www.monotouchlive.com:
Its real software, exist and i continue adding features, new usefull features coming soon, i think i can finish new version in few days i have some health problems right now, wekend gigs and lot of work across the week.i need days with 48hs not with 24 : )

ABOUT MULTITOUCH:
I work on 2 kinds of multitouch,

1 IR proyected screen (not usefull due size, portability, interference with flash lights on clubs, etc etc)

2 Saw touch screens:
All standar touch screens support 2 touches, one used for x-y, the second used for detect 2 touches and sense that like error, in all touch screen this is used for detect errror (2 touches are considerated error)
This cant be used for usable multiple touch, its just for error detection.

On high number saw touch screen, you can sense 2 touches, (if the controller support that) and cant take that data for obtain x-y of that 2 points, or just for error, this systems are never created thinking on multiple fingers, but can do that.
I using that feature for work on 2 points.

All saw touchscreens have this feature disabled, usually for 2 reasons controller not suport or the driver its just fixed to detect second touch ad error, if controller support you need make your own driver if want use for detect 2 touches.
I discover this, the first time i buy a saw touch screen glass from china company.

http://www.njytouch.com/sawtechnology.htm

You can see on the list of SAW:
Multiple touches ---- Intellectual judge
Using logic you can decide if second its error, or its other touch and pickup x-y data of second touch.

ABOUT HARDWARE:
Yes im building hardware unit now.....you see soon, complete sand alone MIDI controller based on tocuhscreen, portable, durable usable, and not for sell, its for me, anyway i cna hel to anyone want build unit like this.
My unit have extra features for use like ableton contoller with monotouchlive, and now i add some vJ features for arkaos to monotouch etc etc etc
All its done just need, finish order the case to http://www.emachineshop.com/ wonderfull place for order any case you need for your project :)

About modular midi software:
I start the first steps using MIDI CONTROLLER OPEN SOURCE
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=120166
This its like prehistoric lemur, but work great !! lol, and its open source.
Want work on this style_riser? i try find helpers : )

MR i understand you not like my project, just stop attack without reason, just because you think i lie all time.
Please stop, and back here in some time and check the info and you can see im not lie : )

Just back in some weeks.... and you can see the hardware unit completed :wink:
Thankyou !

Nothing its impossible MR style_riser "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Wed May 16, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 15 times in total.

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Wed May 16, 2007 9:03 pm

Grobe for President!:D

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed May 16, 2007 9:16 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote:Grobe for President!:D
jajajaj .........naaaa not president juts MonoTouch Builder

but.......letme think............. :twisted:

Naaaaaaaaa. forgot jajajaja

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Mon May 21, 2007 12:08 pm

DJ Grobe, if you had any brains you would not be using synthMaker to do a GUI only application!!
You would use a GUI framework. make sense?

You making hardware? Don't make me laugth!! :lol:

OK, you can drag n drop a few controls on to a form and call it MonoTouch Live. :lol:

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Mon May 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Obviously..........you have some problem, i not spend more time ....