Any decent free cost sampler on Mac OS X ?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
lezef

Any decent free cost sampler on Mac OS X ?

Post by lezef » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:56 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a long time to a decent sampler as vsti or au under mac os x... There's a lot under windows but I can't find any for my Ibook. I want something to do with multiple files to play with, especially during live gigs. If anyone have a hint for me, that will be great.

Miguex

Re: Any decent free cost sampler on Mac OS X ?

Post by Miguex » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:38 am

lezef wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for a long time to a decent sampler as vsti or au under mac os x... There's a lot under windows but I can't find any for my Ibook. I want something to do with multiple files to play with, especially during live gigs. If anyone have a hint for me, that will be great.
Get a copy of Computer Magazine, it comes with a budndle of several VST fx/instruments for MAC and WIN, some of them are pretty cool, among them a soft sampler, (cant remember the name, just make sure you get the DVD w/ the magazine) I think its like $15 bucks, well worth it in my opinion.

good luck!

Cone

Post by Cone » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:52 am

Try Malcolm Haylock's VSamp. The Computer Music free soft sampler is called DS-404, but it is starting to be left behind the times - no Universal Binary and could be a little flakey in some newer hosts.