a rumor of a glitch port

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

a rumor of a glitch port

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:20 am

so I was talking to a dude and he said that dblue glitch 2.0 is going to be coded in c++ as apposed to delphi and once it's coded in C++ he is planning on porting it to AU for dblue.
awesome news if it's true! who knows if it actually is as I didn't really know the guy..
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

sqook

Post by sqook » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:25 am

Actually, dblue was on the ableton forum awhile back and he answered the question himself. You can search for the thread, but as I recall, the gist of it was that he'd like to see a mac port at some point in the future but the code is really mangled and has a lot of windows-specific stuff. He's going to make an effort to clean it up a bit, and then possibly port it to AU.... just don't hold your breath for it. :)

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:25 am

this is what I was told by the dude I talked to who apparently is in contact with him. glitch 1.xx will probably never be ported. but glitch 2.0 is going to be coded in c++ which makes it easy to port to AU. the kid was claiming that he's already arranged it with dblue though I got the idea that glitch 2.0 wasn't even started yet.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

pev

Post by pev » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:33 pm

I asked Kieran about this last night :
"to be honest the core code is pretty far from being portable at this point. It's also written in Object Pascal (Delphi) which complicates matters even more. Eventually I will rewrite everything into clean, sensible classes which could easily be translated to C++, then it would only be the GUI which is OS-dependant. But it will be quite a while before I can find the time for that unfortunately."

~Pev

buzzcock

Post by buzzcock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:24 pm

MBP C2D 2.33GHz---Metric Halo MIO 2882