who's Using DrumCore with Live and How do you Like it??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stale bread

who's Using DrumCore with Live and How do you Like it??

Post by stale bread » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:49 am

that would be drumcore 2.0, I had a glance over of an article in sos and it looks interesting maybe even to use as my sample library, right now I use itunes more than anything but anyway if you use it, show it off
Mac, Mpc, and a Microphone

Thanks for the Slicer Abe.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:12 am

did used to use it.......but that was back in the day............

It's a great program IF you don't have an issue with loops. The "midi" aspect is weak compared to bfd, addictive drums, ez drummer.....etc.

The loops (depending on what packs you buy) are from low bpms (50ish) up and are very good. You can select what bpm you want and then select what parts you want from a certain drummer.....they are usually in 5 bpm increments...so 60..65..70..ect.

They sit very well in the mix and need little eq/comp........there is a problem however.....

Sometimes, the "ride" loops vs the "hat" loops are not equal, or the Heavy vs the "verse" tracks are not quite there.......

Live does a good job at changing to exact tempo's ( 91.85 for a 90 bpm for example) but unless you use loops allot, have the know how "of", it can be confusing sometimes.

Plus; obviously no cpu, easy, fun, simple......etc.

minus; not always intuitive, not always the "right" beats per drummer, the company has seemed to slow down from what they used to be ( longer response so to speak)

Tommy D

Post by Tommy D » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:51 pm

Yeah I picked up Drumcore last week and I pretty much agree with the above assessment. The timing on some of the loops sounds a little bit off. And then, the timing and dynamics of the ride part vs. the hi hat part sound different. Useful, but not like a total solution or anything like that.