Plug-in FX automation problem!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
DJ RAY

Plug-in FX automation problem!

Post by DJ RAY » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:36 am

If I try and automate the on/off settings for a plug-in (vst or native Live) in the arranger view, i hear a little pop when the effect goes on! This pop is also present if I render the file! Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a better way to process only certain parts of a track with FX in the arranger view? What I was trying to do was to add a flange to the tail end of my vocal sample, by automating the on/off switch! It works great, but that pop makes me weep! Please Help!

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:20 pm

You could try automating a tiny channel mute just at the time the effect switches on, but the best way is to render a new clip with the effect already on it. Alternatively you could make sure your switch happens on beat, then compress the fk out of it and turn it into a rythmic feature, just add feedback delay!

DJ RAY

Post by DJ RAY » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply Martyn! Unfortunately, the rendered file contains the 'pop' sound when the FX comes on! Muting the channel wouldn't be practical as it would cut out the sound! Any other suggestions?

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:52 pm

I meant rendering a loop of the effected track, without your automated fx switch. Just loop a section you want to effect, turn on the effect, THEN hit record. Then you only need to switch between clips to alternate fx on & off.

I agree though, it would be nicer if those clicks didn't happen.

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:27 am

Hi DJ Ray,

what OS are you working on? What version of Live are you using?

Gerhard / ableton