Tracktion vs Muzys

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
siddhu

Tracktion vs Muzys

Post by siddhu » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:52 am

I am quite intrigued with the "new" generation of lean and mean DAW/sequencers and would love to hear what users like and don't like about Tracktion and Muzys.

Anybody out there spend enough time with both to share their preferences in the Tracktion vs Muzys battle???

Let's hear some passionate opinions....

Siddhu

pabajo

Muzys vs tacktion

Post by pabajo » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:50 am

well, Muzys as a midi sequencer has a lot of option, it even lets you use it in sort of 'LIVE MODE, where you select in a MATRIX the loop you want to be played next, but it lacks on the audio capabilities, looping is ok, but to be able to stretch to tempo is too tedious.

Tracktion is just a sequencer (midi and audio - not for live), but its VERY friendly, if you want to go straight to music composing and forget about tech stuff, this is a good option.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:44 pm

I reaaly like tracktion - and it's only $80 online,

but i really wish it would run as a rewire slave to live, it would then be the perfect comanion for running midi and more in live

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:58 pm

the more i use muzys the more i like it. it has a pretty steep learning curve to get to the point where things flow smoothly. it can't handle phatmatik pro though, at least in my experience. if muzys could slave to live via rewire, there'd be no competition.

anyone else keep forgetting that tracktion isn't a native instruments program?

k

[/b][/u]

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:15 pm

love tracktion. Best money i ever spent for my music. Really great developer too, very enthusiastic, thorough and fast.. a major update is scheduled sometime before xmas, which will allow real 'sends' from track to track.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:35 am

big fan of tracktion, but buy-curious users should know that it currently can only function as a rewire master. that may be an important consideration for live diehards such as those i've seen here.

tracktion reminds me a lot of my all-time favorite sequencer, sequitur. i never found muzys compelling enough to play with in depth, sorry.

yours,
niall.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:22 am

Gotta be honest, I prefer Muzys.

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:29 am

Tracktion got taken over by Mackie. interesting to see where this will lead.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:26 am

Anonymous wrote:I reaaly like tracktion - and it's only $80 online,

but i really wish it would run as a rewire slave to live, it would then be the perfect comanion for running midi and more in live
ditto - my exact feelings - definitely got my vote for tracktion, really really like it, it doesn't even need to be rewire slave just some way of routing it into live - like some kind of patch bay so it can pipe auidio into live

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:40 am

it doesn't even need to be rewire slave just some way of routing it into live - like some kind of patch bay so it can pipe auidio into live
This might help you : http://www.smartelectronix.com/~dmi/effects.html
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de