Controlling Reason devices via Live...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sporkles

Controlling Reason devices via Live...

Post by sporkles » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:17 pm

I'm having problems getting my midi controllers to work properly with rewire, I think. First of all: My Axiom 61 was auto detected, and works just fine. My BCR2000 was not, and I don't know how to get it to work. It's there on the list of devices in the preferences, but on the MIDI in/out dropdowns, I can't find it - only the Axiom in/out are there.
Second, I was under the impression that if you want to control Reason's devices via Live, you simply create a MIDI track in Live, and choose the appropriate settings. But I still have to activate MIDI input on a sequencer track in Reason in order to send MIDI to a Reason device. I strongly suspect that the MIDI signal is sent directly to Reason, even though I now get a MIDI error message when launching Reason (and my BCR2000 is non-responsive)

Can anyone enlighten me a bit? =)

/spork

sporkles

Update: can anyone help me?

Post by sporkles » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:35 pm

Disabling all controllers in Reason seems to have done the trick, and my Axiom now works fine rewired, though I'll have to re-map it a bit in Enigma, I think.

*However*: My Behringer BCR2000 simply won't work in Live. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything in particular I can do, in order to have Live detecting it? As mentioned in my previous post, I didn't have to do anything to detect the Axiom. The BCR2000 shows up on a list of generic MIDI devices in the MIDI preferences, but selecting it doesn't do anything (because that list contains a handful of controllers from various manufacturers, and has nothing to do with what is detected.)

/spork