Will this do the job?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
guidold

Will this do the job?

Post by guidold » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:15 am

Hi, I am getting a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop soon (1,66 Ghz Core2Duo, 2GB 667Mhz RAM), so I want to get audio hardware for it so I can record at home and also go out and play live with it.

I am new to all this audio hardware stuff, and looking around the internet I was thinking of having the following setup for live playing:

Guitar ->Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot controller ->M-Audio Uno MIDI interface -> Laptop (Guitar Rig 2) -> M-Audio MobilePre USB -> Amp

I was also thinking of getting the M-Audio MobilePre USB...what do you think?
I chose this USB interface because I've read in forums all over the internet that the Inspiron 6400's firewire port is no good for Firewire interfaces.

Is it okay to have those 2 separate interfaces (one for audio, the MobilePre USB and the other for MIDI, the Unoi) connected at the same time? or will that give me problems, ie latency, weird sound issues, slower computer?

I would really appreciate some input.
Thanks in advance

intothedawn

Post by intothedawn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:25 pm

this should be alright as long as you don't intend to use the firewire or expresscard,
there's 40 pages of complaints about firewire and dells and other laptops with the same components over on notebookreview.coms forums
yo