Live 7 wishlist - movies.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
buckman

Live 7 wishlist - movies.

Post by buckman » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:56 am

A couple of useful things to be hopefully implemented into live 7... :oops:

1. Stretch audio, by dragging the end of a reigion and stretching across to make longer without changing pitch - in Sony Vegas you hold ctrl+drag and you can drag "out" audio files.

2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the cursor moveable by up,down,sideways arrow keys. This would make hitpoints in movies much easier..

In Sony Acid, when you import a movie and need a frame accurate hit point, you just zoom right in and use the arrow keys to position a marker bang on the point and can "butt" audio up to either side so it syncs perfectly. AFAIK i asked on the forum, and everyone said this is seriously lacking.. -

All i can think to do is to sync Acid to Live 6 as a slave, so when i postition my cursor in acid to the exact point - live will sync and follow it precisely..

3. Not so clunky MIDI editing... dont get me wrong, for dance music this is fine, but when i want to do proper editing and play more orchestral/musical stuff i find i go back to Logic 7

4. Im sure there are more wish features, but i just wanted to mention those for now..

sebovzeoueb

Re: Live 7 wishlist - movies.

Post by sebovzeoueb » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:03 pm

buckman wrote:
1. Stretch audio, by dragging the end of a reigion and stretching across to make longer without changing pitch - in Sony Vegas you hold ctrl+drag and you can drag "out" audio files.
+1
MacBook Pro 17", 2GB RAM; Live 6, Pod XT Live, MOTU Ultralite, M-AUDIO Axiom 25, Electric and Acoustic Ukuleles, Fretless Bass.

http://www.myspace.com/s2belectronica

paveloso

Re: Live 7 wishlist - movies.

Post by paveloso » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 pm

sebovzeoueb wrote:
buckman wrote:
+1
+1
buckman wrote:
2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the cursor moveable by up,down,sideways arrow keys. This would make hitpoints in movies much easier..
+1