Monolake live in Wellington, New Zealand

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
subbasshead

Monolake live in Wellington, New Zealand

Post by subbasshead » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:09 am

Hi
I saw Mr Henke play live in town last week
and also went to the ableton LIVE demo he did before the gig
both were excellent (respect!)
:P
Apart from the actual gig imho the most interesting thing
was that I asked him to show us his Monolake live set
during the demo and he was good enough to boot it up
& explain how he uses LIVE live!
:idea:
I'm not going to type in all the details now,
as I'm not sure he would appreciate it
but if you're reading this Robert - awesome gig!!!!
& I will reply with my impressions only if its ok
come back soon y'hear!

freq_ghost

Monoloke > Melbourne

Post by freq_ghost » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:42 am

monolake was equally splendid in melbourne. i had the honor to be playing that night along with some exceptional local composer/performers. it was a memorable night which saw a lot of people that had near on left the "scene" make an appearance.

some photos from the melbourne performance and the following where a collaborative impro took place, "laptops in the park"... included ross bencina (author of AudioMulch), paul abad (who had brought robert out to australia), steve law (formally known as zen paradox), myself and of course, mr henke...

http://www.toysatellite.org/agarton/blo ... music.html

unfortunately there wasn't time for a workshop, but i think the discussions we all had with each other were as rich and informative as any public forum could be. perhaps next time, perhaps a kind of master class format that goes beyond an introduction would be helpful.

andrew

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:59 pm

Erm whos Monolake?

Does he have any records out I can listen to. I would be interested in hearinh his stuff

:)

HajoCorsten

Post by HajoCorsten » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:10 pm

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:06 pm

Thansk for the link,

Sadly no music snippets on his site

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:37 pm

click through the various pages - Robert always has some snippets to offer. Besides, amazon.com should do.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:03 am

Nope this is strange. I cant find a single thing from him on the net. Not even here :roll:

fsk

Post by fsk » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:32 pm

http://www.monolake.de/momentum.html

useless guest!!!!!! hehe :<

mosca

Post by mosca » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:49 pm

he never plays in scotland

that really pisses me off

mosca

midgetfidget

Post by midgetfidget » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:52 am

Andrew, cool pictures.

What a memorable night that was, evertime I think about it, it brings a smile to my face. Would loved to have made it to the park gig, but I was ruined after the pack-up. I don't know how alan managed.

Pat.

dm

monolake os?

Post by dm » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:36 pm

having seen the monolake photos from this thread (and other photos), i see robert uses a powerbook when playing live, with live 3. id be quite interested if anyone knows (or robert if youre reading this!) what mac os, 9 or x, he uses. a lot of people seem to have probs with the latest live and osx, but if an ableton guy uses both then thats pretty reassuring.......
just a thought......

Monolake in Wellington

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:24 pm

Guys...guys! Wellington is one of the windiest cities in the world. Cook Straight waves wash over it with regular frequency. A lot of musos have been lost at sea this way. It's antarctic even in mid summer and all the roads are at a 90 degree angle due to frequent earthquakes.

Not a good place for musical sanity. C'mon and move up to Auckland and experience what *real* creativity is all about. Daily grid-lock traffic jams, choking smog, abundant rip-offs and rackets thrown in for free.

Oh yes. Make the move now guys, before Wellington finally sinks into the sea.

FORMAT

Re: monolake os?

Post by FORMAT » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:03 am

dm wrote:. id be quite interested if anyone knows (or robert if youre reading this!) what mac os, 9 or x, he uses. .......
Well I suspect it's still OS 9. Many people I've spoken to recently (professionals) are very fed up with OS X. I saw Jelinek, and he used OS 9, but that was over a year ago so that may well have changed.

Mbazzy

Controller

Post by Mbazzy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:04 am

Just wondering if any of you guys can shed a light what controller Robert is using ... heard/read somewhere it was a modded Regelwerk/Drehbank [Doepfer] ... from the pictures I'd sau the Bitstream is also likely ...
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Jinsai

Mac OS...

Post by Jinsai » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:40 am

I'd still prefer to use OS9 if I didn't feel like it was being visciously assasinated by Apple at the moment... While X promises so many more optimized features (via Apple's consumption + partnership with Emagic), I've had problems getting OSX running as efficiently as my OS9 setup... Its unfortunate that Apple is actively killing it off though.. As I'm sure most of you Mac users know, you CAN'T seem to load up OS9 on any of the new macs (albeit through Classic mode, which is a very unfunny laugh indeed)...
By doing so, they seem to be aggressively burying the legacy of amazing Plugins and progs that were OS9 exclusive... Not everyone has the money to start all over again and collect all those plugins for OSX...

BUT: If anyone knows of anyway to get around this inability to load OS9 into your new mac, PLEASE let me know... Either that, or if you know a prog that updates OS9 VSTs and transforms em into OSX VSTs, I'd be interested to say the least...
In the end, its just frightening to see companies murder old music making software possiblities... I have some friends who still run Mod-tracker... I don't know.. there's something to be said about the importance of the limitations on electronic music at different times that spawned different kinds of music... I'm seeing this general move towards a bland homogenious future of music making possibilities and it freaks me out.. Oh well..