maintaining original tempos for multiple songs in one set

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jasongreenberg

maintaining original tempos for multiple songs in one set

Post by jasongreenberg » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:28 pm

I wrote a post with some similar questions yesterday but I want to clarify this.

I'm want to know the best way to setup live to place in multiple full songs for a live show, but only a single stereo track will be placed for each song. These stereo tracks will contain the mixed background tracks that I created in Logic and are all tightly synched to different tempos.

I want to put all these songs on audio track 1 in the arrangement window one after another. I want to know what the best way of doing this. I have all the tempos that these tracks were created at originally in their respective filenames. I don't want to have to place warp markers all the way through the tracks because there is a lot of ambient activity, I just want to set the 1.1 marker and I would expect there is a way to tell Live to continue at this tempo for the remainder of the song. I thought I can do this with the Master track, simply move it to the right tempo, but this doesnt' seem to work. Live seems to want to place warp markers all over the place that are incorrect and stretch up my tracks.

So how should I do this? Should I use the Master mode in the Sample parameters window? I read that this will keep the original temop of the song, but it doesn't seem to be working for me either. I'm very confused as to which way to do this. Any assistance would be very much appreciated. I definitely want to do this in the arrange window by the way.

Thanks,

Jason Greenberg
www.repose.mu

oratowsky

Post by oratowsky » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:14 am

When you double click a sample and the waveform is visible at the bottom and the sample info is at bottom left, there is a paramater labelled "Seg. BPM". You can set this to whatever you like and Live will adjust the file to exactly this number for the BPM.

edit: just read your other post which says you already tried this, not sure what to say, if you click the number and than enter a number with your keyboard this always works for me.