Scenes..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Borhane

Scenes..

Post by Borhane » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:06 am

Hi ! I'm totally new to live, i've been using reason for a while i'm thus more used to linear sequencing. What i'd like to know as far as the scenes go is how you manage to have clips start at different points within a bar. I'm using live 2.01.

I've tried to run through the functions and parameters but the only way i've thought about is using some blanks for the beats i want to skip in the clip editing mode. In any case it sounds to me like i've gotten something wrong..

Otherwise i'd have to trigger them all separetely ? But than, if the scenes won't work in any other way than having all of the clip start together.. well i guess i'm mistaken at some poing ;) !

Also, a question for other mac users. Is there anything free that will work well at cutting/ doing minor editing on wave/aiff files ?

Thanks guys !

Groove on..

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:38 am

why would you be using 2.01? is there any reason why you cant use 2.1.2?

regards

p

innocent til prven guilty

Post by innocent til prven guilty » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:37 am

what you want to do is learn how to use the clip quantization in relation to the global quantization.
in each clip properties window, on the left side is the trigger quantize functions, set those for each clip according to how you want to trigger it.
do you want to trigger it every bar, every quarter note....cetra cetra. and go buy Live you thieving bastard :lol:

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:43 pm

Shareware Mac Wave Editor: Cacophony. Easy, simple. Effective.

Now, go buy Live, you thief.

If you are a Student or know one (or a teacher) you can get live 3 for $200 USD online...
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.