!!! ATTENTION !!! english faderfox-homepage is available

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
faderfox

!!! ATTENTION !!! english faderfox-homepage is available

Post by faderfox » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:47 pm

hi guys,
the english version of my homepage http://www.faderfox.de is now available. Please visit and read the product informations. The english manuals comes soon.
faderfox

Grijak

Re: !!! ATTENTION !!! english faderfox-homepage is available

Post by Grijak » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:59 pm

faderfox wrote:hi guys,
the english version of my homepage http://www.faderfox.de is now available. Please visit and read the product informations. The english manuals comes soon.
faderfox
They look like great controllers but wouldn't you have been far better off making them USB instead of straight MIDI?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:44 am

I personally would prefer just midi in/out ports to just usb. Obviously the option of both would be super-nice, but that is beside the point at this juncture. I agree with faderfox, its easy to chain a number of midi hardware devices into one port, and use different midi channels on the different devices if necessary. Just usb would mandate that these devices get their own exclusive live midi in, leaving you just one other one, and no chance of chaining multiple devices. with its midi I/O, at least you can implement these devices into an existing midi hardware chain and port. That way its not demanding its own personal, exclusive Live midi in, rather it can be a part of a chain. I personally think this is a smart move, but ymmv. Again, both would be sweet, but I definitely think they made the right choice--these devices could certainly be used in a non-software/computer environment as well to control modules, keyboards, etc., so I think they've chosen the best option. I guess if you had to have it be usb, a $40 1x1 usb midi thingy could solve your problem.

Ryan

guest001

Post by guest001 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:02 am

cool stuff, but there are no US prices and the contact link doesnt seem to work..can you post an email for correpondence with you? thanks

rajcoont

Post by rajcoont » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:05 am

In the near future, even more interesting additions to the micromodul controller system are planned.
Touch-panel and universal controller with display, absolute-encoders and LED crowns are the next ideas.
Let yourself be surprised …

Your ideas and wishes for changes or new controllers are of great interest to us as well.
Just write your ideas, or make a quick sketch and send us your ideas.
Who knows, your dream controller might be the next one in the micromodul-system.

brilliant stuff and timely, just yesterday i drew up a sketch of a midi controller i had envisioned, and i was looking into creating it, but it's way beyond my abilities, still, it's a brilliant idea for fx controls in Live....please include a working email addy for correspondence, i think it's a great design, and it would be amazing to see it reach the light of day!

Very inspiring website, seems like Ableton is spawning tons of amazing side projects (faderfox, grex) that are just starting to appear

faderfox

faderfox

Post by faderfox » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:11 am

guest001 wrote:cool stuff, but there are no US prices and the contact link doesnt seem to work..can you post an email for correpondence with you? thanks
sorry, my homepage is under construction and so I have just a mixed-mode (english-german). I have fixed the bug in my contact-link.
faderfox

faderfox

Post by faderfox » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:17 am

Grijak wrote:
faderfox wrote:hi guys,
faderfox
They look like great controllers but wouldn't you have been far better off making them USB instead of straight MIDI?
Many users have an audiointerface with midiport. I think, its a good idea to use this port and save a usb-port. You can use this free usb-port for other devices like audiointerface, mouse, lamp etc.

I find the midi-solution is also better for my system-concept. Over midicabel you can easy cascade many controllers without software- or interface-trouble.
And the power-problem: micromodul is also selfpowered with batteries.
faderfox

kabuki

US Sales...

Post by kabuki » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:13 pm

...when you can sell to the US, you have a customer in me. I would want all 3!!! There is a big lack of Live DJ options (with track triggers).

When you can sell to us, post it here!
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:29 pm

I second that!

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:35 pm

is there any way to save your setups? i wouldn't want to map out all the MIDI every time i fired up.

Spiralgroove

Post by Spiralgroove » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:40 pm

yeah im definitely intrigued as well...
anxious to see how these develop.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:51 pm

faderfox wrote:Many users have an audiointerface with midiport. I think, its a good idea to use this port and save a usb-port. You can use this free usb-port for other devices like audiointerface, mouse, lamp etc.
u have a USB lamp? i've never heard of that.... y would u want an usb lamp?

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:09 pm

Anonymous wrote: u have a USB lamp? i've never heard of that.... y would u want an usb lamp?
umm, so you can see your keyboard in the dark? just a guess. :wink:

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:56 am

yea, but a USB lamp... 'USB'? thats totally wicked lol!!
can u like turn it on&off with ur mouse and dim it too ;)

faderfox

faderfox

Post by faderfox » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:36 am

tjwett wrote:is there any way to save your setups? i wouldn't want to map out all the MIDI every time i fired up.
the best way is this:
the base of every setup you want to create is my setup
in other words: you open my set and then insert your clips and fx
another way: copy all clips from your set in my set (but the fx must create again)
Is this what you mean ?
another solutions are not available
maybe ableton insert a template-feature like in cubase
let's look forward...
faderfox