New Plugin For Ableton! Lighting , in development

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ava

Post by ava » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:51 am

hambone1 wrote:The lighting sequences WERE recorded in Cubase. It was nothing new, even back in 1994.
Im talking about recording it in to a new media codec! that is new my friend!! soon everyone will know when the wicked bass line kicks in with the strobes, which ive call it "kickin"

Im just hoping school kids dont give people kickings and say "have some music"...

ava

Post by ava » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:27 am

I have multiple parameters working in my video renderer but to be honist does not work too well with the human brain, so I won't be including video with my solution. Will also make my life easyer in the future. So sorry if ive wasted anyones time with the video.

Ive combined the pattern sequencer and the Vu meter plugin in to one plugin, making life easyer for the artists.

I have most of the lighting working so hopefully I will be releasing my solution soon. :)

Im renaming my company to simply light-track, as seems silly calling it ava when won't be including the video, artists can still be seen as each track can include an image, seems the best way for me as a single developer to suport th future. I just can't see people watching videos in clubs anyway as clubs I go to play sport on video screens.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am

Nice one!

The video market is saturated with easy-to-use software that interfaces beautifully with Live.

You should do well with your lighting solution, especially with the availability of cheap LED fixtures.

Good luck!

Moody

Post by Moody » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Let the beta testing begin! 8)
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

tassock

Post by tassock » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 am

You probably don't need another backseat driver, but here's my $0.02.

I was blown away by that video of your lighting sequencer a few months back. So much so that I convinced myself I would be willing to re-install windows on my mac to run it. It was exactly what I wanted.

I have zero interest in video and am also unimpressed with the video screens. Consider me another potential customer for a light version.

Best of Luck!

Peter

Stan_T

Post by Stan_T » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:49 pm

OK, that's it. I'm going to teach myself C# and write this thing myself.

ava

Post by ava » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:48 am

Stan_T wrote:OK, that's it. I'm going to teach myself C# and write this thing myself.
Your need to learn c++ and code about 100,000 lines of code...

Im moving to vista soon and am hoping it wont be much trouble, else im going to wait until microsoft releases it's code base for multitouch stuff for it's new multitouch system and steinberg/vst releases there new code too for it too...

It's a lot of trouble and I aint too happy with this damm crossover, it happens ever so many years and im not the only programmer fed up too :evil:

Stan_T

Post by Stan_T » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:50 pm

ava wrote:Your need to learn c++ and code about 100,000 lines of code...
I'm on it man! I just got the monitor to display "Hello DMX world!" without blue-screening.

Stan_T

Post by Stan_T » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:52 pm

ava wrote:Im moving to vista soon and am hoping it wont be much trouble, else im going to wait...
More delays? I'm suddenly realizing how easy it is to mock up fake screenshots in Photoshop.

ava

Post by ava » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Stan_T wrote:
ava wrote:Im moving to vista soon and am hoping it wont be much trouble, else im going to wait...
More delays? I'm suddenly realizing how easy it is to mock up fake screenshots in Photoshop.
fake screenshots? i dont think so, theres a lot of um... :lol: there all different...

sorry for the BIG delay, i just dont know what to do the moment, if i cant guarantee the future should I release it?

My codec is based on vorbis and if they don't release latest versions then EVERYONE is screwed! imaging millions of pounds worth of music sold on the net that can't be played on new systems?...

Is one of the resons I won't be doing the video side of things because Theora was given to vorbis and they can't guarantee the future of it... :oops:

Stan_T

Post by Stan_T » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Aren't you just passing lighting data from Ableton to the interface? What's the codec for?

ava

Post by ava » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Stan_T wrote:Aren't you just passing lighting data from Ableton to the interface? What's the codec for?
true, but I wish to sell music to night clubs so people KNOW when the strobes kick in so can do some sophisticated dancing.

I could then build a online shop and help everyone make money and me too.

tassock

Post by tassock » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:42 pm

ava wrote:
Stan_T wrote:Aren't you just passing lighting data from Ableton to the interface? What's the codec for?
true, but I wish to sell music to night clubs so people KNOW when the strobes kick in so can do some sophisticated dancing.

I could then build a online shop and help everyone make money and me too.
Are you serious? I'm all for sophisticated lighting sequences, but I'd just assume make them myself for my own setup for my own tracks. A marketplace for lighting sequences sounds like quite an undertaking.

Again, your lighting system demo from a few months ago was wicked and f*** the guy who accused you of photoshopping your screenshots. You clearly have something special with your basic lighting sequence functionality.

That said, I personally have no desire for your video effects or lighting marketplace. I can't help but wonder who actually does. To me it seems these things are delaying the release of the lighting sequencer, which I see as the core functionality of your product.

Stan_T

Post by Stan_T » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:39 am

tassock wrote:and f*** the guy who accused you of photoshopping your screenshots.
How DARE you!

Keep in mind I also threatened to learn a programming language and write the plugin myself. Maybe smileys would help?

Rock on, ava.

tassock

Post by tassock » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:24 am

Stan_T wrote:How DARE you!
Haha. I've been accused of the same before, so I guess I'm overly sensitive.

That aside, anyone have any idea how the total number of Live instals is divided up between macs and pc's? I've never seen Live installed on a pc. That's probably because I live in the mac-centric western U.S. though.