Crazy BT VST?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ducktail

Crazy BT VST?

Post by ducktail » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:58 am

Anyone check out the BT video from NAMM off the M Audio site? What the hell is he running on top of Live? Must be some kind of VST. Perhaps the slicing program he uses?

Ducktail

Kia

Post by Kia » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:35 am

Could you give us the link?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:52 am

the glimpse of the spectral data at the bottom of the window looked similar to Spektral Delay - does NI have something else based on that?

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:57 am

Kia wrote:Could you give us the link?
here

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:03 am

Think he uses the Alesis AirFx hardware unit for some of the efx
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:44 am

he uses a little toy called eyris with a plugin made by his friend to make all the sound stuttering when moves hands on it. I'd really like to know what's this vst but i think it's not commercial.

drez

Post by drez » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:35 pm

Speaking of AirFX, it doesn't have MIDI out capability, does it?

Are there any "D-Beam" like controllers out there?

ducktail

Post by ducktail » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:52 pm

I've got a low rez picture of his gizmo (how do I attach it?) It's definitely not an AirFX....looks like Radio Shack!

You can buy standalone d-beam boxes. I think they're ancient, but I've seen them in stores, usually with an inch of dust on them. Might be good for LIve though!

Ducktail [/img]

ducktail

Post by ducktail » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:20 pm

Bingo!

http://synesthesiacorp.com/eyris.html

Part one solved. Now what's that VST he's running.....

Ducktail

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:04 pm

a bit OT, but does anyone really think the actual music/performance/demonstation of Live by BT in this video is all that? I mean I appreciate his skills on his productions, and that he hadn't ever worked with the EW&F song (or so he said), but I didn't think the performance or music was all that, and as a demo it didn't really showcase a lot of Live's abilities (granted it was just a snippet). I could definitely hear and appreciate what the eyris does (but maybe not $400 of appreciating) in his performance, but I didn't really notice/hear much of what the mystery vst was doing. Some of my favorite beat f-cking tools are supertrigga, the spectacular new filterbank vst, cairo, metal mickey, and a few others. Not trying to start a flame war with BT lovers, just thought that for a demo vid by BT on m-audio's site, I would expect a bit more.

Ryan

ducktail

Post by ducktail » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:04 pm

I'm not a BT fan at all, but I was really curious to see how he worked. He obviously had some looped sections of that track running. As important as "how" he did that is "when" he did that. Obviously he had it pre-warped, but did he have 2 or 3 copies of the same track, each with their own loops? Who knows?

Although his plexiglas stand and natty hair are quite spiffy, what I really want to see is a 5 minute capture of his monitor! All questions would be instantly answered.

It takes me an hour to explain how I do Live shows, but if you looked over my shoulder for 5 minutes, you'd realize how easy it is.

Here's the ultimate Live new feature; "Render Live set as a small mpeg" :-)

Ducktail

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:09 pm

ducktail wrote:Although his plexiglas stand and natty hair are quite spiffy, what I really want to see is a 5 minute capture of his monitor! All questions would be instantly answered.

It takes me an hour to explain how I do Live shows, but if you looked over my shoulder for 5 minutes, you'd realize how easy it is.
Ditto that. well put.

sweetjesus

hmm

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:57 am

how about KP2 controlling Sliceydrummer and buffer override!

zendari

Post by zendari » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:34 pm

It looks like vbox to me I think that is what you can see in the screen shot thats for sure and I know he uses it when he DJs so he could have a couple vst running routed together so as far as which one good luck I wish I knew. and that eyeris is soooo expensive but shit that thing rocks the way he has it set up

ducktail

Post by ducktail » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:22 pm

What's VBox?

Ducktail