Max/MSP for windows question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lariamat

Max/MSP for windows question

Post by lariamat » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:44 am

i started max/msp for windows a few days ago but i've got difficulties doing ReWire with other apps.

is there anybody who has made some examles or got some useful information on this topic?

any hints appreciated!

UknowWho

Post by UknowWho » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:31 pm

I'm using Tassman + Reaktor session at the mo instead.
I find Tassman's U/I more intuitive an Tassman 4 know allows you to design VST effects :D with audio processing modules.
Where's this getting too.
Well I'm gonna be a lazy S.O.B and wait for Pluggo to be coded for Windows (I already have e.mail confirmation of them working on it already)...
I know people who use C-Sound ,Kyma and Max/Msp but they're just a bit to tech geeky even for my tastes.
Kudos for getting further with it than I did though ........

pe

Post by pe » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:40 pm

hi

did u locate the rewire object ? if yes,try the help file.

but can't say exact....mac user

pe

lariamat

Post by lariamat » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:11 am

i tried the help file on the rewire object but it didn't help. there are no further exlanations on how it should be used and connected.

can u do vst-plugs with max/msp that can run inside another audio app on another computer without having max/msp installed there?

pixelmechanic

Post by pixelmechanic » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:07 am

Re: plugs, If you are running Max/Msp on a mac you can create vst plugs for use on other machines, but the host machine does need to be running Pluggo Runtime (which is a free download)

We'll have to wait for windows pluggo before it supported on pcs....
pixelmechanic - sound vs. vision - appropriation vs. improvisation

www.pixelmechanics.com/sonic

pixelmechanic

Post by pixelmechanic » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:16 am

Had a play with max windows last night (i'm a mac user) and the windows rewire functionality is much more limited in that you can only rewire audio into max from other apps!!
pixelmechanic - sound vs. vision - appropriation vs. improvisation

www.pixelmechanics.com/sonic

lariamat

Post by lariamat » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:51 am

pixelmechanic: you are right. win-max/msp does only offer the possibility to work as rewire master.
i guess they will fix that in one of the next versions as rewire slave mode is already available on mac.

i still have 27 days for the demo to run. maybe i will find out how to use max/msp right until then.