FL Rewire problem, please help...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Funk

FL Rewire problem, please help...

Post by Funk » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:56 pm

I think I've read about this problem before, but I can't seem to find it on this forum anymore.

When Fruity Loops is rewired into Live and I press start (or record) in Live the first beat in the Fruity sequencer doesn't come through. I start hearing FL playing music from the second beat or so. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? It's kind of annoying...

Maybe I should mention I'm using my laptop's internal (crappy) soundcard at this moment, could it therefor be some latency problem? I'm really no expert when it comes to audio/midi stuff... Thank you

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:11 pm

you are on to something--internal pc laptop soundcards blow chunks! And add rewire to the equation and I bet it sucks that much more. I can definitely say I don't have that problem with FL 4.5 rewired to Live 3.0.2 on xp pro pc 2.4 P4, gig RAM, with RME multiface soundcard. I haven't heard too much about this problem with FL (heard and experienced it with Reason on my setup, but its been awile since I used Reason (like since the first FL RW beta!))--so I think your soundcard is probably the culprit.

Ryan