Finally finished my album!! Produced in Live w/Reason

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rahlo

Finally finished my album!! Produced in Live w/Reason

Post by Rahlo » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:07 am

It took a minute or two, but it's finally finished--thanks in no small part to the propheads (reason) and the abletonians! Every single bit of the production was done in Live and Reason (except for one older track that my dj made in fruityloops a year ago), and it was all mixed in Cubase.

If any of you cats feel so inclined, go to http://www.blacksoilproject.com to cop a listen. Just navigate over to the music page when you get to the site. The title of the new joint is 'the calm before the storm,' and judging from the feedback I've gotten so far, the favorites are universal blackness and what we do.

aight. thanks.
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

DayzOne_aka_Electronimix

Post by DayzOne_aka_Electronimix » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:17 pm

Rahlo....checked your site and enjoyed your tracks. Beats and production were tight and flow was nice too. Good job. Glad to see other hip hop heads realizing the full potential of Ableton.

I am an avid hip hop fan.....but only really get down with the forward thinking, intelligent stuff.....your stuff easily falls into that category. I would love to hook up a remix or something....maybe even a collabo....drop me a pm if you are interested. And good luck with the record.

cheers
DayzOne
dirtstyle

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:28 pm

Last edited by montrealbreaks on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

DayzOne_aka_Electronimix

Post by DayzOne_aka_Electronimix » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:31 pm

my thoughts exactly........well put
dirtstyle

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:47 pm

DayzOne_aka_Electronimix wrote:Rahlo....checked your site and enjoyed your tracks. Beats and production were tight and flow was nice too. Good job. Glad to see other hip hop heads realizing the full potential of Ableton.

I am an avid hip hop fan.....but only really get down with the forward thinking, intelligent stuff.....your stuff easily falls into that category. I would love to hook up a remix or something....maybe even a collabo....drop me a pm if you are interested. And good luck with the record.

cheers
DayzOne
dayz,

thanks for taking a minute to swing by and check things out man. I appreciate your words, and I'ma definitely be hittin you on the pm tip regarding remixes/collabos!

good lookin' out.
peace,

rahlo

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

Rahlo

Re: Finally finished my album!! Produced in Live w/Reason

Post by Rahlo » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:52 pm

montrealbreaks wrote:
rahlo wrote:It took a minute or two, but it's finally finished--thanks in no small part to the propheads (reason) and the abletonians!

aight. thanks.
Congrats man!

I checked out Rahlo's site before, there's some damn good music - there's nothing more refreshing than finding an island of sincere, intelligent, positive and thought provoking hip-hop in an sea of bling bling, irrelevance, posers, and violent bullshit.

L8er
Montrealbreaks
Montrealbreaks,

dude. I'm humbled, straight up. Coming from a cat like you, those words mean a lot to me.

If I'm able to take my live (no pun intended) show to the next level and do some of what we've discussed with Live, I'll owe most of what I do to your posts and your advice.

If you ever make it to my neck of the woods (or me there), beer is on me!
peace,

rahlo

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:17 pm

Last edited by montrealbreaks on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

raapie

Post by raapie » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:57 am

cool stuff this is! nasty stuff and dirty too.

Neoverse mixed this, right?
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

Rahlo

Re: ..

Post by Rahlo » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

raapie wrote:cool stuff this is! nasty stuff and dirty too.

Neoverse mixed this, right?
Thanks for the props raapie. Yep, the mighty, mighty neoverse mixed the whole thing for me, as well as adding some sweet embellishments here and there as only he can!

Take care bro.
peace,

rahlo

six_wax

Post by six_wax » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:55 pm

nice sound and feel! great 'underground'/west-coast feel to the lyricism, with more abstract arrangement... thanks for sharing!

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:07 pm

six_wax wrote:nice sound and feel! great 'underground'/west-coast feel to the lyricism, with more abstract arrangement... thanks for sharing!
Six,

thanks for taking the time to give a listen. I appreciate it man.
peace,

rahlo

guitargod

Post by guitargod » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:11 pm

Nice, nice tunes mate! Some of the best hip hop I've heard in a while.

Keep up the good work.

scott

kabuki

Rahlo, NICE.

Post by kabuki » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:01 pm

Completely tight. Rhymes, beats, production, polish. TIGHT. Rock solid. What else can I say. This is GOOD hip-hop.

It's good to hear good music made by good musicians with good software by good companies. Reason and Live may look like toys, but they are as strong as those that use it. My favorite was "l.o.s.t.' (I love those Cake samples!!!) followed by "onanOn".

Props.

Kabuki.

(If you are ever in the mood for a remix or 2, put me on the list... :)

Peace.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:46 pm

guitargod wrote:Nice, nice tunes mate! Some of the best hip hop I've heard in a while.

Keep up the good work.

scott
Man, thanks for the love Scott! I appreciate it.
peace,

rahlo

Rahlo

Re: Rahlo, NICE.

Post by Rahlo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:10 pm

kabuki wrote:Completely tight. Rhymes, beats, production, polish. TIGHT. Rock solid. What else can I say. This is GOOD hip-hop.

It's good to hear good music made by good musicians with good software by good companies. Reason and Live may look like toys, but they are as strong as those that use it. My favorite was "l.o.s.t.' (I love those Cake samples!!!) followed by "onanOn".

Props.

Kabuki.

(If you are ever in the mood for a remix or 2, put me on the list...: )
Peace.
dude,

I'm always in the mood for a dope remix or two! Thanks for the love on the music man. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect when I posted about it here. My hand hovered over the 'submit' button for a few minutes before actually sacking up and pushing it. :wink:

I'll be sure and hit you on the personal message thing here pretty soon if you're serious. do you have a place that i can hear some of your junk?

again, thanks for the love mang!
peace,

rahlo