Anyone using Live with a Yamaha 03D Digital Mixing Desk?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jasontorque

Anyone using Live with a Yamaha 03D Digital Mixing Desk?

Post by jasontorque » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:01 am

I use Live with my Powerbook G4 and really wanna hook this up and sync it with the 03D mixing desk.

I've played around a bit using my old Blue & White G3, with a MOTU 2408 and it seemed to work alright, given the age and limitations of the computer.

Next step is a new interface for my portable setup, and I'm torn between the RME and sticking with MOTU.

Anyone else had any experiences worth sharing with me?
Urbantorque Recordings
RSS: feed://urbantorque.com/blog/backend/ut.rdf

ocp

Post by ocp » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:35 pm

I use Live on a PB and have successfuly synced it to my 02R for Automix. I also use my 02R as a MIDI controller. Once you get the hang of it, you can work pretty fast and you have (almost) everything you need at your finger tips. Nice ; )

filarion

Post by filarion » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:16 pm

I'm using Live with my Powerbook, an RME Hammerfall Multiface and a 03D - except for the annoying limit to 20 bit on the 03D it's a nice setup - 8 channel adat definitely is nice and works great. You need to watch levels on the 03D constantly though, it uses some strange form of anti-clipping on its inputs, which sounds absolutely crappy when it kicks in. so better calibrate the whole desk to -6 dbfs or something, to generate some artificial headroom.