Difference Live7 (Electric, Analog) and AAS (LL, UltraA)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sepp8

Difference Live7 (Electric, Analog) and AAS (LL, UltraA)

Post by sepp8 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:45 am

Hi,
thinking of upgrading to Live 7 Suite - I am also an owner of AAS soft -, is there a big difference between the instruments in Live 7 (Electric, Analog, Tension) and AAS (Lounge Lizard, Ultra Analog and Tassman) and worth to upgrade to the Suite ?

regards
sepp8

jonathanpduffy

Post by jonathanpduffy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:56 am

Hold fire there... I am in the same position as you... and asked the same question a little while ago.

basically the instruments are exactly the same...there's just a different GUI and tighter integration with Live.

Robert Henke implied that there'd be a possible discount/crossgrade and advised me to wait for an official announcement soon.

Lets hope they do something about it.
PC Laptop & Intel Macbook, Presonus Firebox, Echo Indigo DJ, MPC 2500, Planet Phatt, Xiosynth, microX, Kontrol 49, Live 6, Reason 4, Guru, ASS Modeling Collection, Pro53, Oddity, Fender Telecaster, an old acoustic guitar, Some mics, my sister's voice...

jonathanpduffy

Post by jonathanpduffy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:59 am

Hold fire there... I am in the same position as you... and asked the same question a little while ago.

basically the instruments are exactly the same...there's just a different GUI and tighter integration with Live.

Robert Henke implied that there'd be a possible discount/crossgrade and advised me to wait for an official announcement soon.

PC Laptop & Intel Macbook, Presonus Firebox, Echo Indigo DJ, MPC 2500, Planet Phatt, Xiosynth, microX, Kontrol 49, Live 6, Reason 4, Guru, ASS Modeling Collection, Pro53, Oddity, Fender Telecaster, an old acoustic guitar, Some mics, my sister's voice...

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:43 am

jonathanpduffy wrote:Hold fire there... I am in the same position as you... and asked the same question a little while ago.

Yeah probably £20 off in the next version or update or whatever they are calling it now.
Drums

nolus

Post by nolus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:23 am

It is rather annoying that the only way to get the "free" EIC upgrade is by buying the session drums and the bix. They really should make it available for people who don't want to buy the boxed version.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:36 pm

The 3 main differences with the ableton version are:

1)You can no longer record automation in session clips.
2)No more plug-in window, so the GUI is squished into the plug-in strip, meaning you can't see all controls (tabbed sections instead).
3)AAS effects are gone and replaced with ableton's effects.

These can either be pros or cons depending on how you look at it. :wink: (except for the chorus being replaced by abletons -that's a con no matter what)
They're also cheaper to buy when you upgrade to the suite.
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.