LexiconPro Omega, any reviews/opions on using it with Live ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chikitronix

LexiconPro Omega, any reviews/opions on using it with Live ?

Post by chikitronix » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:47 pm

think i might have bought the wrong interface...it's been a right pain to set up and seems to be more recording focused than performance...

I want something that's good for both...

has anyone had good/bad experiences with the Omega that the could share with me?

has anyone got recommendations for an easy to use, quality interface that's just good for both home and stage ?

cheers
chiki

Cone

Post by Cone » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:18 pm

I have used Lexicon Omega for over two years now, both on a Windows PC (XP) and on a Mac. Generally it works just fine, except that on the Mac it sometimes doesn't want to be recognized if you plug it in first and only then power it up.

I don't recall any particular setup problems with the Omega. I've used it with Live 5, 6 and 7, and I've changed from a PPC Mac mini to a MacBook C2D in between. What sort of problems are you having (or did have)? It might help if you described your computer system in a little more detail if you still need to solve some issues.

The downside with the Omega is that it can't be bus powered and it only has one output pair, and no separate cue/headphone volume. For recording-in-the-small it is adequate, but those two things make me want to replace it with something FireWire-based that has more I/O.
MacBook (Late 2006), iMac 21.5" (Late 2009), Mac OS X 10.6.4 // Ableton Suite 8.2 // KORG microKONTROL & padKONTROL // Saffire PRO 24 DSP // ESI nEAR 05 monitors // Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs cans.

chikitronix

Post by chikitronix » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:39 pm

yeah, more ins n outs is what i'd like too...and a headphone knob would be grand...

i was recommended the omega by the shop i bought all my gear from as a very good quality interface...

i was originally gonna buy a pre-sonus firebox, now i think that it was probably a better option...

the probs i had with it were exactly what you mentioned : trouble recognising it from the software, having to plug and unplug lots and drop outs when you make seemingly unrelated 'preferences' changes...

i think it's probably a really good piece of gear if you just want it for band based home studio use ...

thanks for answering
chiki