Request - Give 2 responsible members mod rights.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:02 pm

The fun thing is.. When I made that remark about the perfect post count, I knew exactly what reactions to expect.

This place is soo predictable. I'd say to you guys.. Enjoy it while you can.
The elections are on the roll and the next 10 months will spawn a shitload of political threads. With a peak in the last 4 months.
From the elections of 2008, we'll jump into the debate of Live 8.

The Cycling + Ableton thing has the potential to drastically change this place.
And if it is the kind of thing most of us are hoping for, then this place will become a Utopia.
If we get some kind of max/msp + Live integration going. Then there will be more synths and effects integrated in Live then you ever dared to imagine.
Sure, there's pluggo. But that still has the same limitations that any other plugin has.

Lets face it. The ideal forum for everybody is a forum where they can find information that helps them. Of thousands upon thousands users, there are only very few who actually can post something relevant.
I'm a firm believer that this forum would be a sweeter place if Ableton actually put some effort in making every damn single trick thats possible with Live available from a well managed archive.
Most of the knowledge gets lost in a stream of random noise. Some of it get relayed from users who read it to users who ask about it.

Even if you come here to just answer questions. After a while you tend to long for more challenging questions then "whats the difference between audio and midi tracks?".

Poster

Post by Poster » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I have never once clicked on a pron post 'accidentally', most often it's curiosity of what's going on.
anyone who gets tricked by those posts should probably be taken out of the gene pool.
:lol: exactly..

Hypomixolydian

Post by Hypomixolydian » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Hoffman - post count doesn't mean much. look at Dcease, he's running his trap all the time and has little so say than " :lol: " to his own posts.
Astral Fridge Magnet wrote:Thank you for explaining Hoffman2K. But have you ever been tempted to delete posts from people you don't like or that pissed you off? Be honest.
coming from the guy that openly admits to getting his jollies being a twat? :roll:

nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

I am not sure what you are implying Tone Deft. Are you suggesting that I openly admit to enjoying being a twat?

I can only think of one occassion that I was a total prick and that was recently towards nebulae, but in my opinion, he deserved it.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:09 pm

^ no he didn't

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:14 pm

knotkranky wrote:^ no he didn't
we ALL deserve it from time to time. I don't know if Neb deserved it that time, I'm staying out of it, there are many aspects to that prophetic day.

AFM - yeah, that might be the time, I thought it was funny because you snapped and said 'what the fuck, fuck this', others didn't pick up on your subtlety.

'sall good.

where is that curry breathed ambulance chasing heathen?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:22 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
knotkranky wrote:^ no he didn't
we ALL deserve it from time to time. I don't know if Neb deserved it that time, I'm staying out of it, there are many aspects to that prophetic day.

AFM - yeah, that might be the time, I thought it was funny because you snapped and said 'what the fuck, fuck this', others didn't pick up on your subtlety.

'sall good.

I figure how that all ended up validated Neb's point. You couldn't ask for a better example of why all that was right.

It has to be relegated to opinion I suppose. Apologies to Astral's o.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:22 pm

hopefully watching BET

anywayz - and that's the other thing

if you don't like someone and they bother you why not put them out of your life (ignore, script 'em out etc)

but I understand being a part of the forum allows you to do and say things you wouldn't otherwise do in real life and some people just need to vent - so they take it out on other people...it makes them feel better

so if you needed to be a twat towards nebulae on that particular day than I guess thats something you needed to do

when you could have left it alone and went to the gym or took a walk or something

:?:
Ableton | Elektron

Music

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
hopefully watching BET

anywayz - and that's the other thing

if you don't like someone and they bother you why not put them out of your life (ignore, script 'em out etc)

but I understand being a part of the forum allows you to do and say things you wouldn't otherwise do in real life and some people just need to vent - so they take it out on other people...it makes them feel better

so if you needed to be a twat towards nebulae on that particular day than I guess thats something you needed to do

when you could have left it alone and went to the gym or took a walk or something

:?:
Right, nobodies asking to be accepted, just tolerated :D

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm

wait a second...turn OFF post count???

you mean we'd have to give each other mad props based on real merit? fuck that! x000 is just so much easier...

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Right, nobodies asking to be accepted, just tolerated Very Happy
right, that's why there should not be a member forum mod

tolerance has a threshold and I don't care who you are, that threshold can be reached...once reached anythings possible mod or not

so then you've got some pissed off forum members a pissed off mod and everybody else

it could get nasty

but if Sliced Bread can get his slicer

we'll get some better spam moderation!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Poster

Post by Poster » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:32 pm

hoffman2k wrote: This place is soo predictable. I'd say to you guys.. Enjoy it while you can.
The elections are on the roll and the next 10 months will spawn a shitload of political threads. With a peak in the last 4 months.
bingo!

this forum, and General in particular, has waay too much OT crap..
if I want to debate US elections I go to another forum..

And this is my main problem with this board..

You decide what's worse;
- an occasional pron thread that gets removed sooner or later;
- or a shitload of OT's that you have to plough through to finally find something relevant to Live?

I don't want to sit and wait till the self moderation machine has pushed those threads of the first page..
No way..

This board really lost alot of value to me..
Look at the tips and tricks forum; it's gone to waste..
All the good stuff is totally hidden between all the trouble shooting and "which RAM should I buy" questions..
Go self moderate that!

This board needs guidance at some places to become an accessible resource again..

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:38 pm

every day someone somewhere is discovering ableton and a lot of them have the same questions a lot of us did a loooong time ago when we discovered ableton (or digital music) for the first time

a nice wiki would be nice with all the basic noob questions

but then you'd have 1000's of "check the wiki" responses

nothing can be done about that

hey, I'm numero uno ot offender - but a lot of ot stuff is just good for discussion with people who share the similar interest as you (ableton)

but again I point to the script that blocks people from your sight - get that going on and the repeat ot offenders will disappear forever ;)

but then sooner or later it'll be someone else and then someone else and then someone else and then ...

somethings aint gonna change - others will
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Poster

Post by Poster » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm

that's why I once suggested an "Ignore thread" option..

I don't want to ignore users that OT alot because they say relevant stuff as well..

Give us an "Ignore thread" and all is ok with me..

Wouldn't that be great: a total OT free 1st page 8O

condra

Post by condra » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Give 2 responsible members mod rights.

+1

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:03 pm

condra wrote:
Give 2 responsible members mod rights.

+1
show me 2 responsible members and I'll show you three people who should be banned.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz