I need help kicking my Acid habit.

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
DJ Tree

I need help kicking my Acid habit.

Post by DJ Tree » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:42 am

I am thinking about buying a Mac (tired of reinstalling Windows) and I primarily use Acid 3.0. I've downloaded the demo of Live3.0 and I can see working it into a set.

In acid you can see the wave form of each, is there a setting to get the same kind of look in the arraignment view? I find so much easier to match sampels when I can see them.

If there are any Live converts I would like to hear your tips and sugestions.
Nu-Jazz
Hip-Hop
LoopDigga

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:54 am

in the arrangement view, there's a little arrow on the left side of the mixer. just click it and the track will unfold allowing you to see the waveform.

k

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:57 am

Once unfolded you can also drag the horizontal lines between tracks up or down to make tracks as big as you like.

cosmosuave

Re: I need help kicking my Acid habit.

Post by cosmosuave » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:47 pm

DJ Tree wrote:
If there are any Live converts I would like to hear your tips and sugestions.
I was just like you.... I used ACID ever since it came out... Liked it for it's ease of use... Now I have been using Live for about 3 months and am hooked...

I know how you feel it is hard to break habits... One thing I wish LIVE had is right clik options when you mouse over stuff... I started with the arrangement page since it resembled ACID but your better to jam in the session page.... Why?

The session page allows you to be totally creative on the fly..... No linear thinking just do what you want to do.... Hit record and this will record into the arrangement page then later go and edit in the arrangement page to structure your composition... LIVE lets you perform live which is great...

I have seen others use LIVE and they have there own style to composing as to the linear restriction of ACID... Just keep pluggin away and you will grow fonder and fonder of LIVE...

The forum is great for advice once this LIVE 4.0 stuff dies down there will be some good posts going on....
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/