I need a desk for my studio.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Verbal

I need a desk for my studio.

Post by Verbal » Sat May 03, 2008 5:10 am

Recommend one.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sat May 03, 2008 5:47 am

.m

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sat May 03, 2008 5:48 am

* double diddy *

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sat May 03, 2008 6:33 am

i'm using a very hitech set up comprising two painters trellises and an old door
that houses my mixer and keyboards while my computer monitor and alesis M1s are sitting behind that on one of my strat cases resting on a keyboard stand.
the whole lot is covered in a batik bed throw that some one bought me from bali...
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sat May 03, 2008 7:48 pm

pick a Ikea "Galant" combo. Any combo:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categ ... ace/11717/
I love these frames.

Timur

Post by Timur » Sat May 03, 2008 8:57 pm

I just stubled upon a desk that will most likely replace my old one. It's meant for gastronomy and somewhat formed in an arc. Four of these are meant to close to a full circle so that people inside can sell to people outside.

That means that when I'm sitting at the center in front of it the sides bend somewhat towards me allowing me to reach more easily at stuff like my mixer or printer which I have placed at the far end sides of my desk. Additionally since the sides bend towards me they allow to place speaker stand behind the desk at the sides without need to pull the whole table foward which leaves more room in front of it compared to pulling a square table completely away from the wall (at least I hope so cause I first have to see how speaker placement and distances to my sitting position work out).

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:55 pm

I have an Ikea Jerker I was about to toss on Craigslist. If you are in NYC I would be glad for you to take it off my hands.

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat May 03, 2008 11:29 pm

Homebelly wrote:i'm using a very hitech set up comprising two painters trellises and an old door
that houses my mixer and keyboards while my computer monitor and alesis M1s are sitting behind that on one of my strat cases resting on a keyboard stand.
the whole lot is covered in a batik bed throw that some one bought me from bali...
+1. Just doing it now. Slight twist for me, I have two old 2 drawer filing cabinets at either end. My door is a light weight interior door. I will put a couple of coats of varnish on, easier to use as a desk and to keep the dust collection down.

BTW, interior doors a pretty cheap, and they come in different widths, because the are usually filled with paper honeycomb they are also nice and stiff, no bendy bendy wobble wobble :D
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

condra

Post by condra » Sun May 04, 2008 12:42 am

I vote for anything wit 2 tiers, and the bigger the better.

Something like this dude has:

or the good shit you get off these guys:
http://muinstrum.com/furniture/

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sun May 04, 2008 1:14 am

condra wrote: or the good shit you get off these guys:
Where are you???
Where is this web site hosted?
I can only assume it is in some non English speaking country and that it was translated using bable fish or some other tool 8O
I also like the illustration on your web page and the music on your My-Space site.
Every time i follow a link to these places i have to keep telling my self to get on up off my lazy ass and fix mine :roll:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:19 am

I just built my own out of ply wood. It took just a few hours to put it all together. I took my time priming and painting it over a couple of days. At least I got exactly what I wanted. It houses my two 22" monitors just the way I wanted it to.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

roach808

Post by roach808 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:20 am

condra wrote:I vote for anything wit 2 tiers, and the bigger the better.

Something like this dude has:

or the good shit you get off these guys:
'

Lol, he's rocking the RNC comp...very nice.
roach- the other white meat
http://www.themenacetosobriety.com/blog/
MBP, Live Suite, and lots of nice analogue gear.

condra

Post by condra » Sun May 04, 2008 2:49 pm

+1 for custom build, although it can cost quite a lot of money to get all the wood cut, and quite a lot of hours work getting it right.
I have a big desk with a second tier added at the back.
Where is this web site hosted?
I dont know anything about that site. - just came across it on my google travels, but the desks look fantastic.
I also like the illustration on your web page and the music on your My-Space site.
Thanks mang.

foogermooger

Post by foogermooger » Sun May 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Why dont you build your own one. Thats what i did. I went to buy the Quicklock z600 only to find i couldnt get it..plus it was damn expensive for a desk (some will prob argue this point, but i grudge spending £400 plus)

I ended up just drawing a plan of what i wanted then set about building it with MDF...

Stace

Post by Stace » Sun May 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Foogermooger I like your style! :D

Nice set up.
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything" --- William of Ockham (1285-1349)