ableton closed itself & won't reopen?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
cryo

ableton closed itself & won't reopen?

Post by cryo » Wed May 21, 2008 9:55 pm

i was working with ableton 7 and was getting a error message each time i tried to do any thing that said something like "undo conf error" ...then all of a sudden the program closed....now when i try to restart ableton nothing happens...i keep clicking on the icon but nothing happens....i am so pissed if i lost the song i was working on....any suggestions on what to do?

CarlSeleborg

Post by CarlSeleborg » Thu May 22, 2008 7:47 am

Hi Cryo,

How much space left do you have on the partition
where your preferences are stored? While you work,
Live stores all your actions in a file called Undo.cfg,
so that if Live crashes, it can restore things to
where they were right before the crash. This file can
get really big sometimes - maybe that's the problem?

Carl

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 am

I keep having the same problem.
Someone said one should plug out the soundcart, but since I'm on PCI, my only option is to restart the system. After that, Live works again, and perhaps it asks you if you want to restore your last work with the help of the undo-history.
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

cryo

Post by cryo » Fri May 23, 2008 7:11 pm

ya after live closed by itself i could not reopen it for a while untill i shut down the computer...when i finally reopened it i lost all the work i had done...not sure if it is possible to get it back???? so i re did alot of the parts and now i am getting an error message when i try to save ..."there was an error when writing the file...." now i am afraid to close live incase i lose all my work again....and getting in touch with ableton is a bitch...i have been calling all day and sent 2 emails!!!

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Fri May 23, 2008 7:47 pm

CarlSeleborg wrote:
While you work,
Live stores all your actions in a file called Undo.cfg,
so that if Live crashes, it can restore things to
where they were right before the crash.
Perhaps you can find this file and make something out of this? I have no solution for this problem right now... :(

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

cryo

Post by cryo » Fri May 23, 2008 7:52 pm

how do you access the file undo.cfg

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Fri May 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Don't know. Are you on Windows? Then try the editor, but I do not think that works....

Greetings from Germany!

cryo

Post by cryo » Fri May 23, 2008 8:20 pm

i am using mac book pro...does it work for that ?

Der_Makrophag

Post by Der_Makrophag » Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 pm

As I said, I do not know. I am on Windows... perhaps its enough to save the file as backup somewhere else...

Greetings from Germany!