Bo-Diddly, rocking sendoff (Yahoo Article)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elxicano

Bo-Diddly, rocking sendoff (Yahoo Article)

Post by elxicano » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:15 am

It has been nice to see through other posts that Bo-Diddly has been remembered by people in this forum.

To say the least, Bo-Diddly is a music legend, forever leaving an impact on all genres of music.

For those individuals that didn't know who he was, I hope you take the time to hear his music or at least read about him, since he did what I hope we all aspire to do, and that is to bring music to its next level.

And to all those interested, please check the article from Yahoo. I was happy to know he got the type of sendoff that seems fitting to the music he made and the person he was.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080608/ap_ ... q_C4EEtbAF

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:34 am

Yeah, great article. It still sucks that he's not gotten the respect he deserves.

There's two guys that completely created new rhythm styles/patterns from scratch: James Brown and Bo Diddley.

pabloaugustus

Post by pabloaugustus » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:36 am

landrvr1 wrote:Yeah, great article. It still sucks that he's not gotten the respect he deserves.

There's two guys that completely created new rhythm styles/patterns from scratch: James Brown and Bo Diddley.
word...Diddley was the man. The 'bo diddley' rhythm he introduced on electric guitar is rooted in African music, and is known in Cuban music as 3-2 son clave , which evolved from the African 12-8 'clave'. I think its dope that his innovations and huge influences on American Rock & Roll are deeply rooted in African rhythms, just like everything else that kick ass in music. (IMHO)
Thinkpad 2.0GHz, 2GigsRam, MOTU Traveler, Live 6.05, BFD, Triton Extreme w/Moss, PC2R, K2000