OT: airplay from a big name act. should i get my hopes up?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:47 am

Hey Nathan, nice to meet you mate - I've heard you have a smashing tune coming out on U&A soon, congrats!

Regarding your post, I'm sure if you keep trying/networking you'll eventually be able to get in touch with TCM. If they're playing your stuff, they're going to be a lot more receptive to who you are. I think if an artist doesn't reply to your emails, that doesn't necessary mean they don't want to talk to you - they may well be inundated with emails and can't reply to them all/don't read them all, may not check their MySpace profile often etc. Some artists have much more of a web presence than others too.
Butter Party: Beatport | Soundcloud | Mixcloud

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:51 pm

thanks for the props guys.

studmuffin aka butterparty, thanks... but the U&A bossman and i had some creative differences about the track a few weeks ago, so we've decided to put that on the backburner for the time being. :/

to be honest i'm not going to harass these TCM guys. And some mutual acquaintances have even discouraged me from continuing contact, saying that chances are, they'll never get back in touch... this, from people whom i thought could put in a word as easily as typing a quick IM message. It would be so easy for them to lend a hand. But no, i guess they're not willing to, though the wont say it directly. Goes to prove that in this business its pretty much every man for himself.

Whatever, i'm over it already.

a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:26 am

Ahhh well, I wouldn't let it get to you mate - it's not personal, it's just a very busy industry, especially these days now that it's so much easier + cheaper for anyone to produce music (compared to say 10-15 years ago). There'll be plenty more opportunities for networking and getting your music out there, just keep your eyes open.

The best advice I can give is simply to not lose focus - just keep moving ahead with making your music how you want, and try to get it into the right hands when possible.

It can be pretty disheartening when you feel like you keep running into brick walls, but I can guarantee you that every artist has felt like this at some point(s) in their career. Try to stay positive, get better at your craft, and don't get too emotionally attached to any of your tracks.

Good things will eventually come to you, I promise! :D Persistence is the key.
Butter Party: Beatport | Soundcloud | Mixcloud

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 am

^^ indeed, cheers man. I totally agree.

not disheartened at all really. Still going strong, and not stopping at all. Just basically stating that i wont harass the Crystal Method guys about that radio show, or anyone else for that matter. I'll just make my tunes and let things flow.

Wont slack though. Definitely will be on top of things... but i wont let it stress me out.

As for the U&A thing, well, this sort of thing happens too i guess. the bossman was a total gentleman about it though. Very professional and direct, so there's no hard feelings. I still keep in touch and keep him up to date on new tracks... plus there's always a chance he'll change his mind once he realizes that the track IS GOOD! (not to sound like a pompous prick... but it definitely has gotten a lot of buzz)... we'll see what happens

Anyways, thanks for the words. LOVE the butter party stuff. Keep it going and keep me up to date on new developments!