Beats and drugs? How many?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funknotik

Post by funknotik » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:38 am

Just sit through two hours of a tiesto set and you will know why people take drugs. It's the most boring monotenous thing in the world. You have to be on some shit to enjoy tarnce. As for other forms of electronic music a little drug use is nice, no different from coffee in my opinion.
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..

abort

Post by abort » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:46 am

It depends on what drugs!

The hard stuff I won't go near. Pots like beer to me. I can't drink most beer ..My neck will swell.

continuum

Re: Beats and drugs? How many?

Post by continuum » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:36 am

Silverfish wrote:I asked how many people involved in electronic music do drugs regularly.
Why?
Silverfish wrote:I've never done a drug in my life
Jolly well done you!
Silverfish wrote:How weird is that?
mmm. Not very.
Silverfish wrote:I'm not particularly bothered by other people's lifestyle choices.
So why ask the question?
Silverfish wrote:I just never chose to alter my reality in that way.
Good for you.

silverlulu

Post by silverlulu » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:04 am

taking drugs is fucking sweet basically.

altering perception is pretty sweet too. being high is sweet. tripping is sweet. being in the k-hole is sweet. smoking a nice joint is sweet. snorting a fat line is sweet.

you should blatantly take some drugs. i know people are skirting around the issue but lets face it.

"LOSERS don't do drugs"
Last edited by silverlulu on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
1.6ghz dual core laptop, 1.5 gig ram - Live 6, Massive, Albino, Z3ta, Battery, Morphine, Dominator. Alesis io2, Edirol pcr-30 midi keyboard, perception 100 mic and shure sm 58 mic.

Low Frequency Obstinator

Post by Low Frequency Obstinator » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 am

For you, personly, it would best to leave stuff behind the un-opened door of drugs alone.

And if your not intending on opening the door you have no real need to know whats behind it (and would probably not comprehend it anyway).

Music nice though isn't it?

...and trees and stuff.

be happy with what you know.

Remember: If you never know riches you can cope with being poor.
Live (yoghurt) - MBP- Circuit Bent Rampant Rabbit - Mongolian Nose Flute - 'The Marvelous Mechanical Mouse Organ' (on loan from Bagpuss) and a Swanee Whistle made from a used heroin syringe.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:21 am

silverlulu wrote:taking drugs is fucking sweet basically.

altering perception is pretty sweet too. being high is sweet. tripping is sweet. being in the k-hole is sweet. smoking a nice joint is sweet. snorting a fat line is sweet.

you should blatantly take some drugs. i know people are skirting around the issue but lets face it.

"LOSERS don't do drugs"
Yay! This was me til I ended up in A+E with a cardiac arrythmia at 29....10 years later and i cant even drink caffeine anymore and have to take beta blockers eeeeeeveryday.

i think justifiably, I'm kind of split on the subject now.

Current feeling is I think drugs a for kids, cheap fireworks for a shortwhile, most of the fireworks not very good either. Once you've done enough of it it just becomes another thing that gets samey in life. Change is a good as a rest.

one things for sure. i get a lot more done nowadays and listen to and make a loooot more music.

Srtanding around doing 30 min jams in studios with the whole band baked off their tits was fun...for a while. Productive, it wasn't. Hightened awareness of the music? Bollocks.

i've seen people dancing to car signals off their tits on pills, people dancing long after the music was switched off, people dancing to tracks they would ordinarily spit at praising it as the greatest music ever.

Drugs is what they is, cheaply made nasty uncontrolled chemicals, but if you find them fun, then thats cool too.

My only addendum being, in my epxerience and the people i knew/know, the fun always stops at some time and sometimes in more radical ways than others. mental health problems, physical health problems, death, job loss, housing loss, etc.etc.

just painting then picture for the possibilities, of course, none of those things will ever happen to you individually right? :D

silverlulu

Post by silverlulu » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:30 am

^ haha yeah man i feel what you're saying for sure.

i stay of drugs, work out a lot and eat healthy, but then after about a month or 2 of not touching any, i like to get really stoned or snort some and k and pills.

but i agree with what you're saying with regards to it being for kids. i think you do grow out of it, i have to an extent. but i think i have a lot more getting fucked to do until i am over it. i do know it's there tho and yeah i think it's important to think of the mental health issues. i figure as i am doing it spaced out and i don't normally drink or smoke, i am spreading the risk but i guess only time will tell.
1.6ghz dual core laptop, 1.5 gig ram - Live 6, Massive, Albino, Z3ta, Battery, Morphine, Dominator. Alesis io2, Edirol pcr-30 midi keyboard, perception 100 mic and shure sm 58 mic.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:47 am

It's a good way to approach it. as long as you are aware of the risks you can have the fun and make a judgment when you're ready.

i guess that would probably be me too if i hadnt had the hospital experience...man, do i never want to do that again. 8O

andydes

Re: Beats and drugs? How many?

Post by andydes » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:01 pm

continuum wrote:
Silverfish wrote:I asked how many people involved in electronic music do drugs regularly.
Why?
Silverfish wrote:I've never done a drug in my life
Jolly well done you!
Silverfish wrote:How weird is that?
mmm. Not very.
Silverfish wrote:I'm not particularly bothered by other people's lifestyle choices.
So why ask the question?
Silverfish wrote:I just never chose to alter my reality in that way.
Good for you.
All very well, but you missed this part:
Silverfish wrote: alcohol included
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Seriously, how can you have never had a drink? This had better be for religious reasons.

Of course you can listen to electronic music without drugs. Hell, some people can even dance to it sober. 8O

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:48 pm

hmm,
funny coincidence! I think a lot about going straight edge lately...
I mean, its a hard thing to do, i like all of that shit. Speed, E, K, the tripping things, Beer Ciggies and Pot (<not that much anymore).
I listened a lot to 80s Hardcorepunk and kinda stumbled upon straight edge, i know its a silly, very radical and childish way to see the world.
On the other hand i was impressed...

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:49 pm

I love drugs. And Music. The 2 don't have to go together - drugs with no music is still sweet, music with no drugs is still sweet.

But drugs and music together, in the right place with the right people, really is the dogs bollocks!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

silverlulu

Post by silverlulu » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:14 pm

i know someone called olly who lives in bristol!!!!!

how insane! call the cops.

Low Frequency Obstinator

Post by Low Frequency Obstinator » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 pm

To miss-quote the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers:

"Drugs will get you through times of no music better than music will get you through times of no drugs"
Live (yoghurt) - MBP- Circuit Bent Rampant Rabbit - Mongolian Nose Flute - 'The Marvelous Mechanical Mouse Organ' (on loan from Bagpuss) and a Swanee Whistle made from a used heroin syringe.

Low Frequency Obstinator

Post by Low Frequency Obstinator » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:00 pm

silverlulu wrote:i know someone called olly who lives in bristol!!!!!

how insane! call the cops.
don't say nuthin' bruv....clould be a narc.

silverlulu

Post by silverlulu » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:15 pm

yeah man, can't have the po po fuckin wit ma shit, yeh get me?