how can I leave the US?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
j2j

Post by j2j » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:19 am

morerecords wrote:I should mention I would be looking for citizenship and amnesty on my debts.
what generation american are you? and where is your mom/dad grandma/pa from?

I've been trying to get an EU passport, by my mom passed away in 06... its been really difficult. but the country I am working with is really lax and my grandma was born there, however she too is passed and it is just so complicated proving lineage...

I trade around about a letter a month with the embassy, since I started doing it...

meh...

where were your grandparents born? I'll tell you if I think you have a shot...
too many lasers...

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:23 am

The only solution to the collective idiocy of we Americans (and Europeans too, don't kid yourselves) is to quit the navel-gazing and finger-pointing and turn our attention to the desperate suffering of the planet. The West is rapidly becoming a little island of plenty in a sea of poverty. It doesn't need to be that way.
iMac 3.4 GHz i7 12GB/Apogee Duet 2/Event ASP8/AKAI MPK61/Ableton Suite 8/Logic Pro 9/Waves Platinum/Komplete 7/Amplitube 3/Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trilian

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:26 am

morerecords wrote:I should mention I would be looking for citizenship and amnesty on my debts.
Then it's the French Foreign Legion for you m'boy! :P :D
Last edited by Pitch Black on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:42 am

Nah, just sell everything but Live and the Macbook, head to Nepal and start a music school or something.
iMac 3.4 GHz i7 12GB/Apogee Duet 2/Event ASP8/AKAI MPK61/Ableton Suite 8/Logic Pro 9/Waves Platinum/Komplete 7/Amplitube 3/Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trilian

Johnisfaster

Re: how can I leave the US?

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:14 am

morerecords wrote:i am down to leave, I truly hate idiots. Whre can I go? who can I see?
Thanks
More records
you're gonna find idiots pretty much everywhere.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:24 am

mdk wrote:my best advice is go to where there are few people who speak english, at least then you cant understand what the idiots are trying to say.
Hah, yeah exactly. You wonder about the amazing conversations they must be having and how great it would be to be able to talk to them.

But really they're just talking about their bunions.

Moody

Post by Moody » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Good look with the debt issues but, that is likely not to happen. Sounds like you are running from something you created for yourself.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 pm

jamester wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:
jamester wrote: Not well put.

The Mexicans come here because they know they will make "good money" (for them) and will most likely be able to live under the radar of our immigration (un)enforcement.

This has nothing to do with the bigger picture of why many Americans are extremely unsatisfied with the direction this country's been heading politically and socially. For the Mexicans it is purely economic, they don't give a fuck about politics, nor should they since they can't vote.

Two completely different things...

When you take such a massive tumble off of that Fail Mountain that you're on, does it hurt when you finally hit the ground?

How easy it is to throw around childish insults on the internet.

Prove me wrong or STFU. What is incorrect in my quote? Don't try to have a discussion with adults who know what they're talking about unless you can bring more to the table than immaturity and xenophobia...

Isn't that what the interwebs are for? Throwing around childish insults?

And I'm 150% in support of an Open Borders policy with Mexico. That's going to be a difficult position for me; seeing that I'm Xenophobic and all. :roll:

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:19 pm

IMO, moving away from bad (or your perception of bad) is moving for the wrong reason. Moving towards something better is a different matter.

Move toward pleasure, rather than away from pain.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:blah blah blah.....

ALL IMMIGRANTS WHO HAVE COME BEFORE YOU CONTRIBUTED NOTHING TO THE PROSPERITY AND WEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF THIS COUNTRY. NOTHING. THAT CAME ABOUT SOLEY FROM RICH ASSHOLES. NONE OF YOU WILL AMOUNT TO ANYTHING HERE. YOU'LL BE MOWING LAWNS FOR 1000 YEARS.

FUCK OFF AND GO TO DENMARK.

Yeah. Makes perfect sense.
:roll:

Again, you avoid like the plague my point about US foreign policy, and centering completely on the US economy etc. You're the lone voice here, defending US economic wealth, which makes about as much sense as anything else you've posted.
The rest of this is in a PM..... forum is in embers as it is..

Do you know why you're such a fucking asshole?

For all your bluster and bullshit about how I'M not interested in a discussion or true exchange of ideas, you are exactly the same as I. The only difference is that you use less sarcasm and foul language than me. Oh, and zero humor. Like leisureMuffin, you just have no sense of humor whatsoever. What you're all about is simple: You love to fucking argue. You love talking AT people as opposed to having a true back and forth. You aren't interested one fucking bit in what people have to say. You simply require that they follow the same droll, humorless, pseudo intellectual, pseudo reasoned format that you do when engagement begins. You've got some kind of fucked up sense of forum etiquette in which your delicate sensibilities get offended whenever someone is loud. And within an unmoderated forum, FFS. You like things to be nice and mannered, while at the same time completely fucking not listening to what anyone is saying. That's it. That's all your about. What drives you crazy is that I'm just like you, only much more witty. And more handsome too.

The proof of what I say is simple, actually. You don't have an ounce of fucking humility. The word humble isn't even in your vocabulary. You are always TOTALLY CORRECT and the other person is TOTALLY WRONG.

I have never seen you concede a point to anyone. Not one fucking time. Jesus H Christ. Not even one 'good point' or 'that's an interesting statement' or 'hey, I didn't think about it that way'. Oh no, sir. Not you. God forbid you would actually admit you're wrong on something. The fucking Earth would move, no doubt. Hell, Tone is easily as intelligent as you are and can be a real ass, but the guy has an open fucking mind and has stated many times in threads that he's learned something. FFS, even fucking b0unce has conceeded a point or two.

And you cherry pick your fucking arguments too, which is just another sign that you are only looking to argue. You'll find one sentence out of 3 paragraphs and go after it like a pit bull. Often times it's a minor fucking point, but that doesn't stop you. Most times you've utterly missed the point altogether and just go on some meaningless tangent that you've invented. Case in Point: Reasons that people want to move to America. Which wasn't a part of my statement at all. You just fucking argue and argue and argue and argue. You never shut the fuck up. It's The Last Word Syndrome. It would be cool if you had a sense of humor and threw in a joke or two, but that's just too much to ask. It's nonstop relentless motherfucking boring pseudo intellectualism at it's worse. The conversation about Quantum Mechanics was perfect evidence of this. God. Laughable. I'm going to print your comments and frame them. They are just so excellently stupid.

I'm the same way in many respects. What's pathetic is that you call me out for it, yet are really just another side of the same coin.

And don't ever fucking PM me again you asshole.

Oh, and is there One FUCKING SUBJECT ON THIS PLANET THAT YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT IN, FFS? God. From Microwave ovens to fission to Latvia's political history to kitty kat grooming to V8 engine performance to Global Warming to Cheesecake to whatever the fuck. Just an expert at everything. You're just another fucking Brainiac. The interwebs are full of them.

A little humility. It's out there for you. Find a little piece of it while you can. It'll do wonders.

And the desperation to prove to everyone how intelligent you are for a fucking house painter is getting old. The 'look at me, look at me! I'm the new Renaissance Manual Labor Man. I can hold an edge bead AND talk Quantum Mechanics at the same time' routine is tired. Time to take that fucker outside and bury it in the backyard.

jamester

Post by jamester » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:28 pm

landrvr1 wrote: Isn't that what the interwebs are for? Throwing around childish insults?
Not for me, but certainly for most people here in this crazy forum.
And I'm 150% in support of an Open Borders policy with Mexico. That's going to be a difficult position for me; seeing that I'm Xenophobic and all. :roll:
That's all well and good, but the problem of illegal immigration with Mexico has nothing to do with the cruxt of this thread. It's a seperate issue entirely; I don't think those of us here expressing frustration/disatisfaction with the U.S.'s current socio-political climate are doing so primarily based on the illegal Mexicans.

FWIW, I have no problem with Mexican immigrants; my beef lies more with the US businesses who undercut fair/legal wages to Americans by hiring the illegals for pay which is both below scale and under the table. They are the "bad guys", and they're the ones who should be fined/punished. The reality is it's never even been enforced until about a year ago when this became the new "abortionesque" hot-topic talking point for the Right.

But hey, I understand nobody wants to pay a couple bucks an apple. So if it's grown here it's picked by illegals for criminaly low wages, or else it's shipped here from China. And as our cost-of-living ever skyrockets, this is not going to change. But I digress....

I actually apologize for the xenophobic charge; it was based on what I remembered to be a French-bashing rant from the Place Your Bets thread. However, having re-read it I see that I misinterpreted your intention.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

zebebop

Post by zebebop » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:39 pm

the TRUE is here (Idiocracy) >> http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=C1sE1E3z7jU

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Bad ratio but still very "fun" !

deva

Re: how can I leave the US?

Post by deva » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
morerecords wrote:i am down to leave, I truly hate idiots. Whre can I go? who can I see?
Thanks
More records
you're gonna find idiots pretty much everywhere.

Besides, this is such a good time to be in the US... Hillary is going to wrest the nomination from Obama on the convention floor... what an entertaining show! time to make some popcorn!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:19 pm

landrvr1 wrote: And don't ever fucking PM me again you asshole.
Fine, but I personally find it pathetic when two people take all the time and energy of a forum away from the subjects at hand for their little ego wars.

I concede to people all the time, just not to you. You have yet to engage in any debate with me were you don't end up just name calling and playing the drama queen. I'm waiting, I concede that I bet we are more alike than either would be willing to admit, and that it's even possible IRL we would get along, but your constant baiting of people on this forum is a fucking real stickler for me. Sure, piss them off by proving a badly held point is wrong, but you bait people just to bait them.

Never did reply to the subject at hand, as usual. Again, WTF does immigration to the USA have to do with reasons to want to leave the USA? Answer is simple, NOTHING. Fucking prove me wrong, I can live with that. Question is can you?

Take the last word, I'm done for a while, busy as hell for the next couple days.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Back to my original post.

Again, if it's such a shithole here than why do people still come in droves?

The reasons for coming here are fucking insignificant. They want to come, and that's enough. I never said that the ethics or behavior of a nation played a part in their decision process. Show me where I said that. Of course people come here because the USA is a wealthy nation. That's stating the fucking obvious, God help me. They aren't flocking to Haiti FFS. There's wealth and prosperity here, and people want a chance at getting a piece of it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some of you assholes actually seem to think that wanting to move to the States for purely economic reasons is a CRIME. That it's somehow DIRTY. That's an elitist attitude if there ever was one. God. It's not even elitist. Frankly, I don't know WHAT the fuck kind of attitude that is, but it's ugly and cynical as a motherfucker.

And the notion that our wealth and prosperity is nothing but the result of evil? That it's all ill-gotten gains? Or that most of it is the result of us being corrupt to the core? Hopelessly, unbelievably, wildly, fantastically stupid. If you actually believe that, I'll personally pay for your fucking plane ticket outta here, no worries. You're a fucking pathetic moron and deserve everything that The New Europa has to offer.

Oh, and by the way. There's a million fucking reasons that people want to come here. Some want to escape oppressive governments. Some want to flee rampant fucking crime and lawlessness. Some want to flee religious or cultural persecution. Some want to get a decent education for themselves or their kids. Some just want a chance to own an iPhone without paying rates that are fucking criminal. Yes, it could certainly be said that all of these reasons and more are the result of us being a wealthy nation. Again, that's stating the fucking obvious in a way that is both pedestrian and painful. To suggest that it's purely for economic reasons is dumb. Plain dumb, actually. Not even 'creative in a pinky up the asshole whilst standing on your head' dumb. Nope. Just plain dumb.

And it's not just the States. They want to move to Canada and half-a-dozen Europa countries as well. Just not as much. Not even close. And have any of you reviewed the immigration policies of some of these countries in Europa? Positively Draconian by comparison. Fuck. The Dutch were THROWING OUT Muslims left and right. No review process. No hearing. They're in good company. Germany, the UK, Spain - fuck all of them - have been quietly (and not so quietly) expelling Muslims for the past 3 years. Whole families and extended families. For the flimsiest of evidence. Britain is actually the worst offender. For all you're love of the so-called Progressive Gordon fucking Brown, he's still head of the most oppressive Western government in 25 years. The British privacy laws make the toughest points of the Patriot Act seem like after school suspension FFS.

Remember douchebags, I never gave a reason why people want to move here. Machinesworking and others can't stand the truth in what I say, and begin clutching the world's tiniest straws. Typical.

The irony that a bunch of whiny pampered white fuckwits can't wait to leave the States; while a whole mess of poor latinos can't wait to get in, is stunning.

Last edited by landrvr1 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.