What's your favourite remix around at the moment?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:20 pm

8O
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Spankrock's remix of Let's Make Love And Listen To Death From Above by CSS. It's been out for a while, but it's still my fave.

DJ Mike Beeds

Post by DJ Mike Beeds » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:38 pm

My current favorite (as of last night) is Sebastien Leger's remix of "Hello Piano" by David West and Inkfish -- a really beautiful breakdown ;)

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:25 am

Till We Meet Again - Rekelectrik - Quivver Vocal Remix

I just got it today and I've heard it like 47 times in a few hours...
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

Patch

Post by Patch » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:35 am

Sigma REmix of Collie Buddz - Come Around is cool... (it's called Untitled)

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:45 am

Just about all of Involver2. except the first and last track.

Pick of the bunch is the arcadia one and the ladytron one.

dallas!

Post by dallas! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 am

jeskola wrote:Just about all of Involver2. except the first and last track.

The first track as in Badger? Or Telefon Tel Aviv....I actually like that one now, especially as the keys then morph into the 3rd track. To be honest I think the non-vocal tracks slightly ditract from the rest of the album and find myself waiting for that Arcadia Track and Ladytron to kick off!!!!

Really want to go see him (sasha) on Saturday at Matter in the UK, but not certain I can make it, plus would be going on my own, unless anyone else here is going?

But yeah...not fussed about that engineers track.

dallas!

dallas!

Post by dallas! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 am

weeddigger wrote:Till We Meet Again - Rekelectrik - Quivver Vocal Remix

I just got it today and I've heard it like 47 times in a few hours...
If this is the one I'm thinking of I've had it for about 3 years? Has it been re-released or something?

dallas!

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:05 am

dallas! wrote:

The first track as in Badger? Or Telefon Tel Aviv....I actually like that one now, especially as the keys then morph into the 3rd track. To be honest I think the non-vocal tracks slightly ditract from the rest of the album and find myself waiting for that Arcadia Track and Ladytron to kick off!!!!

Really want to go see him (sasha) on Saturday at Matter in the UK, but not certain I can make it, plus would be going on my own, unless anyone else here is going?

dallas!
the telefon one.

YEah should be good - no doubt will be recording sof it kicking around after the weekend. Chec out his essential mix from the other week - that was really cool... amazing version of coma at the start.

dallas!

Post by dallas! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:17 am

jeskola wrote:
dallas! wrote:

dallas!
the telefon one.

YEah should be good - no doubt will be recording sof it kicking around after the weekend. Chec out his essential mix from the other week - that was really cool... amazing version of coma at the start.
He did an essential mix the other week...dam I missed that one!
Cheers for the heads up.

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:39 pm

The Quivver Remix of Rekelecktric's "'Till We Meet Again" is not new... Been out since '07 I think. And yeah, I think I'll listen to again another 85 times today...

I caught a link from Señor Graham's MySpace to the Top 100 DJ Mag voting, and that led me to Trackitdown.net. to get a free tune after casting my vote. Trackitdown has a lot more Quivver tunes that Beatport does and I'm definitely going to start browsing them more than I have.

And yeah...

Invol2ver...

Pretty awesome stuff... That Ladytron tune, Destroy Everything You Touch... If I owned it, I might have voted for that one.

That track is fucking amazing...

When the vocal starts going off, Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy...

I start losing my mind... Fucking amazing...

Ok, I'm going to go buy it today.

You guys convinced me!!!

On Beatport, you have to buy four other tunes to get it, but maybe another site has it as a single.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:45 pm

weeddigger wrote:The Quivver Remix of Rekelecktric's "'Till We Meet Again" is not new... Been out since '07 I think. And yeah, I think I'll listen to again another 85 times today...

I caught a link from Señor Graham's MySpace to the Top 100 DJ Mag voting, and that led me to Trackitdown.net. to get a free tune after casting my vote. Trackitdown has a lot more Quivver tunes that Beatport does and I'm definitely going to start browsing them more than I have.

And yeah...

Invol2ver...

Pretty awesome stuff... That Ladytron tune, Destroy Everything You Touch... If I owned it, I might have voted for that one.

When the vocal starts going off, Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy Please Destroy...

You guys convinced me!!!

On Beatport, you have to buy four other tunes to get it, but maybe another site has it as a single.
I think its coming out as a single soon.
really cool production that one.

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Yeah?

I'd wait a bit then... Although I like the whole Invol2ver album, the Ladytron tune is the one that gets me hard and high...

dallas!

Post by dallas! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:40 pm

weeddigger wrote:The Quivver Remix of Rekelecktric's "'Till We Meet Again" is not new... Been out since '07 I think. And yeah, I think I'll listen to again another 85 times today...

And yeah...

Invol2ver...

You guys convinced me!!!

I don't think the lyric is please destroy...but thats beside the point. I thought you could buy some of them separetly off beatport, although some of them are album only....sure I loaded Ladytron to buy on it's own though.

dallas!

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:43 pm

The lyrics might be different... no lyric sheets ever come with techno music, why is that?

LOL...

I was at a karaokee bar on Friday night, and I almost got up to do "Days Go By" - Dirty Vegas...