Trigger Finger / mouseless navitation issues

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
RobertX

Trigger Finger / mouseless navitation issues

Post by RobertX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm setting up a DJ template in Live using Trigger Finger and midiStroke on a Mac.

When tapping the buttons on the Trigger Finger that I've mapped to the UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT keys, the thing goes insane. Instead of moving one slot per tap, it instantaneously moves all the way to the furthest position in whatever direction I've tapped. WTF?

If anyone can set me straight on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

mrbird

Trigger Finger on Mac

Post by mrbird » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi there, I had the Trigger finger and it was super tempremental with me too! During a live set it actually went a bit crazy and spewed out seemingly random CC and Sys Ex messages causing no end of chaos, I just ended up thumping it on stage - quite entertaining I'm sure though!

Just bought the AKAI MPD 32, seems a lot more solid, just arrived today so can't make any kind of comparison yet but good luck.

Mr B

cavern

Post by cavern » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:47 am

i just use a keypad...one of the ones with just numbers...like for inputing data...it has arrow keys...i just use those to toggle between scenes and use my trigger finger for controlling synths and such

Fidel

Post by Fidel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:34 pm

I've found that both of the drivers for the Triggerfinger can be quite unstable. The new drivers are supposed to have support for more than one software at a time, but they quickly drop the midi connection and the single device windows drivers aren't much better. Personally i've decided to sell the Triggerfinger and invest in Novation for the Nocturne and the Remote SL. I've heard a lot more promising things from this manufacturer.
Toshiba Satellite M115 (Core Duo 1.60Ghz-1g ram) / MacBook Pro 2Ghz/2g ram