a simple key command.....please

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
alltomorrowsparties

a simple key command.....please

Post by alltomorrowsparties » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Just one thing that would probably help a lot of people (myself included) controlling ableton with the likes of bomes......a key command that will delete all clips on a selected row

pretty please..... xxxx

RobertX

Post by RobertX » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:59 am

+1

alltomorrowsparties

Post by alltomorrowsparties » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:11 pm

RobertX wrote:+1
are you using bomes?..twould be class if this simple key-command was implemented...at the moment I have it set up where i have it sending "delete" and arrow right about eight times (for each of my cells on a row" ..it works but its not elegant

jamie

dr.wackler

Re: a simple key command.....please

Post by dr.wackler » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:45 pm

alltomorrowsparties wrote:Just one thing that would probably help a lot of people (myself included) controlling ableton with the likes of bomes......a key command that will delete all clips on a selected row

pretty please..... xxxx
Why not simply delete the whole scene (if you mean horizontal row) or track (if you mean vertical row) then?

alltomorrowsparties

Post by alltomorrowsparties » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:56 pm

dr.wackler wrote:
Why not simply delete the whole scene (if you mean horizontal row) or track (if you mean vertical row) then?
Thanks for the help but unfortunately for looping this wouldn't work...you still need to retain scene1 (the scene where your looping is done)
After you have recorded this scene, you advance the scene by one (down to scene two).......you then need to have a blank canvas in scene one to begin afresh (layering up the next part of the song)

confusing! but its by far the most versatile looping system with ableton....i will explain it some more wen i have more time
Jamie :)

dr.wackler

Post by dr.wackler » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:52 pm

alltomorrowsparties wrote:i will explain it some more wen i have more time
Jamie :)
I'd appreciate that! :)