U-he's ACE synth intro discount!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Re: U-he's ACE synth intro discount!

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

have I already said this synth ROCKS ?
I'm having so much fun with it..
:D
70$ very well spent indeed

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

One of the funnest things about this synth is that you can automate the modulation sources, therefor you can assign those to automap/kore etc. So turning a knob for a given mod destination moves the wire connection to all the different sources which creates very different sounds because it instantly tries lets you hear how it sounds being modulated from an lfo, an envelope, another osc or what have you. Lots of fun. An amazing hands on synth where you don't need to touch the mouse at all.
Last edited by glitchrock-buddha on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Shark Jumper.

sublimelobc

Post by sublimelobc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:40 am

There are some nice free presets for Ace here.

http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:One of the funnest things about this synth is that you can automate the modulation sources, therefor you can assign those to automap/kore etc. So turning a knob and the for a given mod destination moves all over to the different sources which creates very different sounds because it instantly tries lets you hear how it sounds being modulated from an lfo, an envelope, another osc or what have you. Lots of fun. An amazing hands on synth where you don't need to touch the mouse at all.

whoa what?!?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:45 am

Android Bishop wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:One of the funnest things about this synth is that you can automate the modulation sources, therefor you can assign those to automap/kore etc. So turning a knob and the for a given mod destination moves all over to the different sources which creates very different sounds because it instantly tries lets you hear how it sounds being modulated from an lfo, an envelope, another osc or what have you. Lots of fun. An amazing hands on synth where you don't need to touch the mouse at all.

whoa what?!?
Yep. Actually I noticed I left out some words in one sentence there and it was pretty messed. I meant "So turning a knob for a given mod destination moves the wire connection to all the different sources..."

Rowlsten

Post by Rowlsten » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Hello all!! (sorry don't post very often *ashamed*)

Just a little question, does anyone know if I can install this on both my studio machine and my laptop? I have it on my studio machine but miss it when I'm not at home. :wink:
I know DAWs generally have dual licences to fit this purpose but I can't find any information on the u-he site.

On a side note, this is such a wonderful synth. If there are people browsing this site that haven't yet at least played with the demo then they should.... and then buy it.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm almost positive you can install u-he plug-ins on multiple machines, but I don't know the details, never had to. I'd suggest going to the u-he forum at KVR though, he'll answer you quick.

dum

Post by dum » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Rowlsten wrote:Hello all!! (sorry don't post very often *ashamed*)

Just a little question, does anyone know if I can install this on both my studio machine and my laptop? I have it on my studio machine but miss it when I'm not at home. :wink:
I know DAWs generally have dual licences to fit this purpose but I can't find any information on the u-he site.

On a side note, this is such a wonderful synth. If there are people browsing this site that haven't yet at least played with the demo then they should.... and then buy it.
I was wondering the exact same thing
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:One of the funnest things about this synth is that you can automate the modulation sources, therefor you can assign those to automap/kore etc. So turning a knob for a given mod destination moves the wire connection to all the different sources which creates very different sounds because it instantly tries lets you hear how it sounds being modulated from an lfo, an envelope, another osc or what have you. Lots of fun. An amazing hands on synth where you don't need to touch the mouse at all.
Very cool. I have to check that out..

jsn

Post by jsn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:One of the funnest things about this synth is that you can automate the modulation sources
Nice! I did not realize that.

By the way, this is a fantastic software synthesizer, indeed...And Urs provides outstanding support for his product line. This one will go down in history for sure, but I am drooling over talk that the Berlin Modular system with 3 components might see the light of day this year!

"...Well, I sure hope that Berlin Modular is this year. The alpha of Bazille has been pretty mature, ACE XL is just a souped up ACE with a bit of extra spice and only L.u.s.h. needs a few more months of research and development..." ~ from Urs in his U-he forum

I've played with that Bazille alpha a bit. It is a fantastic modular monster.

Urs

Post by Urs » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am

No problem. It's just a plain serial number - works for any machine in your possession and is a valid license as long as it's *you* who's using it :)

Cheers,

;) Urs

Rowlsten

Post by Rowlsten » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 am

Thank you Urs,

I tend to stick to just Ableton's instruments on my laptop due to the tiny hard drive and I use it for work. But love this synth a lot!!!

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 am

Urs wrote:

No problem. It's just a plain serial number - works for any machine in your possession and is a valid license as long as it's *you* who's using it :)

Cheers,

;) Urs
One question...do you have any intention on expanding on the modules? i'm sure the range of sounds is quite large, it's just that the modules themselves look rather normal, perhaps the addition of a few more esoteric modules as found in some of the more expensive analogue monsters would be warmly received.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:
Urs wrote:

Cheers,

;) Urs
One question...do you have any intention on expanding on the modules? i'm sure the range of sounds is quite large, it's just that the modules themselves look rather normal, perhaps the addition of a few more esoteric modules as found in some of the more expensive analogue monsters would be warmly received.
+1...
and audio input... :(

also .. is there gonna be a crossgrade price to the bigger modular?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:04 pm

3dot... wrote: also .. is there gonna be a crossgrade price to the bigger modular?
You haven't heard? If you buy Berlin Modular, you get a discount of the price you paid for ACE!