U-he's ACE synth intro discount!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Re: U-he's ACE synth intro discount!

Post by 3dot... » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:44 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
3dot... wrote: also .. is there gonna be a crossgrade price to the bigger modular?
You haven't heard? If you buy Berlin Modular, you get a discount of the price you paid for ACE!
8O
..needless to say I'm in ..

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:45 pm

you taking notes...? Ableton ? :mrgreen:

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 pm

3dot... wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:
3dot... wrote: also .. is there gonna be a crossgrade price to the bigger modular?
You haven't heard? If you buy Berlin Modular, you get a discount of the price you paid for ACE!
8O
..needless to say I'm in ..
No doubt. It's a complete no-brainer for anyone's who's sure they'll be getting Berlin Modular. ACE is free in that case, you're just putting a down payment on BM.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Urs

Post by Urs » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:09 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:It's a complete no-brainer for anyone's who's sure they'll be getting Berlin Modular. ACE is free in that case, you're just putting a down payment on BM.
It's an evil plan, innit? Providing the entry level drug at close to no cost, so everyone gets accommodated to the usage and the cpu consumption of the real deal when it comes out :lol:

That said, I think that ACE is already enormously deep. Even without any esoteric modules it goes well beyond my own expectations.

Regarding audio input, I'm considering to cook something up, at least for BM. I'd say at least 16 ins and outs would be great for patching with any hardware modular or inside the host software. However, there would have to be a massive overhead for upsampling and downsampling then, so this would need to be optional.

We'll see... I'm spending a lot of time reading and thinking on vacation, and I suspect there'll be a surprise or two down the alley.

;) Urs