Push accidentally creates new projects

Discuss Push with other users.
medenine

Push accidentally creates new projects

Post by medenine » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi all, Push has been an amazing experience for me. One thing that really bugs me so far is that it often saves my work to a new project without me telling it to. I will have a new project named, then I'll go to check the project, but it will have saved it to a new project named by Push, which then makes me very confused where my work is saved! I have to go and delete the older project then rename the new one created by Push, quite annoying.

kreativsein

Re: Push accidentally creates new projects

Post by kreativsein » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:39 pm

its just happend if u open projects who saved via live/desktop version? do you mean controller or standalone mode :D

medenine

Post by medenine » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:30 pm

Standalone.

mai

Post by mai » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:47 pm

Press and hold Shift and then press Save.

But I have to admit that saving also irritates me a lot. Why are there no folders containing all the versions of my song? All songs + all versions of a single song are on one "level" in the browser. That is extremely confusing and uncluttered. Or is there a way to save my project in a folder (like in Ableton on the computer)?

medenine

Post by medenine » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:12 pm

To clarify, I always start with a template, the hold duplicate + save, which creates a new project (shift + save creates an alternative set within the existing project). However, often Push randomly creates a new project for me while I am working, leaving me a bit confused where my work is - obviously it is in the new project, which I then have to rename etc and delete the one I was working on.

I agree that it is complicated seeing where the sets are within projects on Push as it is currently configured, I have to go in via Live and rename etc.

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:39 pm

and thats the point, in my case, push only rename my filmes after i renamed them with live desktop :D