Random keys on MIDI controller not working

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lohillman

Random keys on MIDI controller not working

Post by lohillman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:32 pm

I have an M-Audio Code 61, and 6 or 7 keys on the keyboard are not triggering sounds in Live (version 10). I have rebooted while holding octave +/-, and flipped through different preset settings, but the same keys don't work. All keys work in Logic. MIDI controller has been updated with most recent firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

yur2die4

Re: Random keys on MIDI controller not working

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Do you own other midi controllers? Have you midi mapped any other midi controllers?

Midi mapped keys won't work for playing notes for an instrument.

Ways around this are either to change the midi channel or your keyboard or to turn off the 'Remote' button in Live's midi preferences for that keyboard. Turning off Remote will also turn off any kind of deliberately midi mapped functions of your keyboard, like if a knob or fader are mapped to certain parameters. But turning it off does not override Control Surface functionality if you're using that.

Otofonik

Post by Otofonik » Tue May 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi, I had this problem and I just fixed it. You need to change the MIDI channel that the Code is sending from channel 1 to any other channel. Press the 'Channel' button and use the arrow keys to select any other number. Press Channel again to exit.

qub

Post by qub » Sat May 11, 2024 7:18 am

FIXED!!!
I updated to the most recent version (11.3.25) and then reset Live

Follow these steps: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... reset-Live

The reset also removed the second "port 2" version of the APC Key 25 device.

Sadly you cannot remap the rotary knobs (or anything on the device). It is locked in its use based on the preset options using the Shift button and Volume/Pan/Send/Device. I also have an APC Mini mk2 and APC40 mk2 and they CANNOT be remapped either. But my Midi Fighter Twister remaps just fine. I'm guessing Ableton doesn't want Akai to be THAT useful...