Solway Firth, a new album from Takla Makan

Share your tracks with other users.
Synthbuilder

Solway Firth, a new album from Takla Makan

Post by Synthbuilder » Fri May 10, 2024 10:19 am

I've got a new album out. Just my usual laid back down tempo stuff. If you've heard my stuff before there'll not be too many surprises here.

https://takla-makan.bandcamp.com/album/solway-firth

This is synthesiser music, not the dance sort, but inspired by the types of music that I grew up listening to in the late 1970s and early 80s. There's hints of Mike Oldfield here and there, but also Berlin School and Jarre and Vangelis.

Unlike so much stuff these days, the album doesn't reach out and grab you in the first microsecond. It's not supposed to. It rises and falls as it goes along. It takes you on a journey. And because of this it's designed to be listened to from start to finish. So do bear with it if you haven't come across my music before.

Although there are only three tracks listed on the album it's not actually just three single pieces of music in the popular music sense. In some ways it's more akin to classical music in that it features many interconnected motifs and themes.

There's a variety of gear used on this album. I won't bore you with the details, but there's hard and soft, analogue and virtual. All recorded and produced with Live 11.