Anyone ever use LIVE DEMO 8 during a gig ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
draganjazz

Anyone ever use LIVE DEMO 8 during a gig ?

Post by draganjazz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi y'all.
Here's my first post and my first question.
I'm about to download the trial version of LIVE 8, and I would like to use it to perform at a house party this Halloween weekend. My question is will the trial version last for 4 hours straight if I use the session screen loaded with a whole bunch of samples and loops? It won't just STOP every few minutes or an hour or whatever will it?
I'll just be pointing and clicking with a mouse to trigger my samples and loops.

Bunky Freaks

Re: Anyone ever use LIVE DEMO 8 during a gig ?

Post by Bunky Freaks » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 pm

the only restriction of the normal demo is that your project can not be saved. Everything else is fully functional & the demo is not time bombed. So you can play your set with the demo without problems.

I use the demo for use with my laptop btw, since I dont want to spend unlocks on it as it changes quite often. My prepared live- and dj-sets load and play perfectly.

draganjazz

Post by draganjazz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Bunky Freaks wrote:the only restriction of the normal demo is that your project can not be saved. Everything else is fully functional & the demo is not time bombed. So you can play your set with the demo without problems.

I use the demo for use with my laptop btw, since I dont want to spend unlocks on it as it changes quite often. My prepared live- and dj-sets load and play perfectly.
Oh crap, so I would have to load all my samples and loops the night of my gig then. Oh well. Thanks for your quick response.

And how do you use the demo on your laptop without it ever expiring?

Bunky Freaks

Post by Bunky Freaks » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:41 pm

I am running live authorized on a workstation computer where I also prepare the sets. For the gigs I just copy the set to the laptop and run it with the demo.

Remember that there are 2 demo modes. one (just by installing the demo) gives you everything except saving. but you can also request an unlock key for a 2 week authorization which gives you the saving feature. This might help you for you upcoming gig ;)

draganjazz

Post by draganjazz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Bunky Freaks wrote:I am running live authorized on a workstation computer where I also prepare the sets. For the gigs I just copy the set to the laptop and run it with the demo.

Remember that there are 2 demo modes. one (just by installing the demo) gives you everything except saving. but you can also request an unlock key for a 2 week authorization which gives you the saving feature. This might help you for you upcoming gig ;)
Oh boy! I want one of those 2 week authorization keys. This sounds promising.
Thanks for all your help.