Live 8.0.9 still crashing....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Resident

Live 8.0.9 still crashing....

Post by Resident » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:33 am

I just wanted to know how many are having problems with Live 8. With every update i'm hopefull the crashing problems will be solved but up to now after a small period of playing instruments (native live ones) live crashes. I see many are having problems if i do a search on forums.
I tried all versions as of version 8.0.3 and all versions crashed. I'm sorry i cannot reproduce this it happens random.

I'm on windows XP sp2

I have no issues with live 7 at all even after hours of playing/recording it is still rock solid so i keep going back to 7 all the time. I have no problems with reaper version 3.14 aswell so somebody assuming that my hardware setup is not right is wrong here.

@ Ableton: When will the crash problems be solved? I really want to use looper and new operator improvements.
I deleted preferences.cfg as everybody suggests and the crashing is still there. When can i expect a stable version 8?

:?

crumhorn

Re: Live 8.0.9 still crashing....

Post by crumhorn » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:04 am

Contact support and send them any files they ask for. It's the only way they can fix it.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

esky

Post by esky » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 am

That is the problem with forums, you only find people with problems, if you have a running system you won't write " hey folks, my Live 8 runs as hell"...!
You should go the contructive way and post your exact setup and when the problems do accur...it could be anything, a plugin, a broken driver...it must not be Lives fault...

Resident

Post by Resident » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 am

I'm sorry to post here this is exactly going to what i expected it to go. Waste of time. I have no time and energy to investigate on this.
Sorry again i'm an software engineer myself and i will not debug in my spare time aswell, i expect working software and Live 8 is not for me.
I'm absolutely sure it is the problem of Live 8.

And yes this is not the constructive way to go, still strange Live 7 and Reaper are working fine.

I will stay on Live 7.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:40 am

well, what do you expect? you're a software engineer. so you know how much you rely yourself on detailed bug reports with error logs and such. and yet you don't want to give them? if ableton crashes, it creates the nessesary file for you, all you have to do is to mail it to support@ableton.com. hell of a lot of work, really.

crybaby.

other than that, to most users out there it's rock stable, and so is it for most of the debuggers of ableton, as their specific setup might not ever trigger the bug you have triggered. help them, and they help you. cry about them, and they won't do shit.

here it's rock stable when not a beta version since day one. but when ever i try some beta, i just send them my files.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

penfolder

Post by penfolder » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:01 pm

update due shortly apparently, with bugs fixed.

:)
P[P]

Resident

Post by Resident » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:17 pm

davepermen wrote:well, what do you expect? you're a software engineer. so you know how much you rely yourself on detailed bug reports with error logs and such. and yet you don't want to give them? if ableton crashes, it creates the nessesary file for you, all you have to do is to mail it to support@ableton.com. hell of a lot of work, really.

crybaby.

other than that, to most users out there it's rock stable, and so is it for most of the debuggers of ableton, as their specific setup might not ever trigger the bug you have triggered. help them, and they help you. cry about them, and they won't do shit.

here it's rock stable when not a beta version since day one. but when ever i try some beta, i just send them my files.
I apoligized `for posting here.....i also said i'm an software engineer. That means trouble shooting the whole day and modifying code and testing if it works out well is not what i want to do in my spare time that's it.
Even when it is just sending an error log.

Hope you can respect that.

Live 7 and reaper 3 are rocksolid anyway, i will be happy with those.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:21 pm

I have many crashes aswell.. maybe we should do a poll again.. i dont belife thats such a singular problem as ableton allways claims.. wasnt a singular problem with the midi bug...

And sending bug amd crashfiles to ableton hasnt helped since juli... thats the 5th months now...

It seems pretty clear that the prioritys of ableton was forst a summer holyday and now to get the max for life thing ready for christmas instead getting the thing stable first.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 pm

no i can't. that's just like "look, i'm a police officer, so i have to rape and steal and drive fast and smoke marijuana at home, as, you know, i have to work against crime all day long, so at home, i want some time off".

according to google, in english, i would use that phrase for you: The pot calling the kettle black.

or otherwise: you should know better, not?

so i can not respect your behavior. coming in, pointing with the finger, wanting a solution, knowing you should provide details about the problem actually, then. you KNOW that. you get money for knowing that.

but i'm fine with you now hiding back in the past, holding the old version as your holy grail. and i'm sure, when you gig somewhere, you will tell "you know, the new one is so much bloat and crap blabla". like people moaned since day one of vista against it, f.e.

like, hopefully, people moan and bitch against your buggy software instead of providing actual help what went wrong. as, from now on, you don't deserve any customer to help you fixing bugs. they should just cry against you how you failed to provide working software, and, at best, chose some competition.

would you like such customers or behaviour yourself?

omg

Post by omg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Resident wrote:
davepermen wrote:well, what do you expect? you're a software engineer. so you know how much you rely yourself on detailed bug reports with error logs and such. and yet you don't want to give them? if ableton crashes, it creates the nessesary file for you, all you have to do is to mail it to support@ableton.com. hell of a lot of work, really.

crybaby.

I apoligized `for posting here.....i also said i'm an software engineer. That means trouble shooting the whole day and modifying code and testing if it works out well is not what i want to do in my spare time that's it.
Even when it is just sending an error log.

Hope you can respect that.

Live 7 and reaper 3 are rocksolid anyway, i will be happy with those.

you, as a developer, really should understand that reaper calls other functions of the OS, so you can't compare it with live.
you, as a developer, should also know that the request "will the crash problem be solved?" is just ridiculous and can not be answered at all.

live 8 works rock solid on my machines (both mb pros, one early 2008 and one early 2009).
I use NI plugs and some others, all legit (important point in regards of stable versions).
i use different controllers and also outboard gear, everything works as expected: rocksolid.

dom

Post by dom » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:48 pm

3phase wrote: And sending bug amd crashfiles to ableton hasnt helped since juli... thats the 5th months now...
I'm afraid you can't honestly claim that as you didn't send us the information we asked for by email or even in public forum threads:
Something everyone can look up on his own using the search if he's interested.

Resident: We can totally respect that you don't want to report your bugs.
but as a being software engineer you now how such a discussion ends:

"Hey, your program is not stable"

"What kind of bug are you suffering from?"

"Sorry, can't tell you the details, it's just not stable but i'm sure you program itself is the problem, fix it"

Just send us a mail to support@ableton.com according to this page http://www.ableton.com/pages/support/co ... al_support as soon as you want us to dig deeper into your issue and rest assured that we will care.

Thanks,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

omg

Post by omg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:51 pm

3phase wrote:I have many crashes aswell.. maybe we should do a poll again.. i dont belife thats such a singular problem as ableton allways claims.. wasnt a singular problem with the midi bug...

And sending bug amd crashfiles to ableton hasnt helped since juli... thats the 5th months now...

It seems pretty clear that the prioritys of ableton was forst a summer holyday and now to get the max for life thing ready for christmas instead getting the thing stable first.

after reading your correspondence with abes support which you posted in the other thread, i can't take you serious at all.
you are simply funny!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 pm

funny is how many month ableton needs to get their act together..
And how they constantly push the..there are no general problems..button.. supported by probably a majority of users that really dont have crashes... but...

all users paid the program that is supposed to desigend for stage use..so all the users should have crashfree operation..

Abelton live is by far far the most unstable applikation on my computer...
Actually seeing the amount of crashes its maybe the most unstable pro audio applikation of all times.

Fact is.. Live 7 runs perfect on the same machine...

Fact is.. Ableton had ignored and denied the exsitence of the real nasty dualcore/midi bug for month..

Booth facts clearly show that the thing has nothing to do with me personal or my style of mails to abugelton..
The midi bug wasnt "MY" bug... many users suffered it..

And therfore ther is a high liklyness that the actual problems are again an ableton bug and not the karma of unfriendly users that dare to ask such queistions in public...

What is the reality here?

Some ranting farts that could have theier problems solved when they only would play by abletons " there are no problems SMILE ( guido westerwellle) " rules..

Or..

Are theire much more users out there with crashes that just dont tell because with all theier hacked plugs they think its normal when a pro audio app crashes from time to time..And ablton really dont gets that..or is not willing to get that because all energy is on getting ready for the christmas biz and all bugs are wipped under the carpet for later investigation?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:09 pm

rantrantrantrant :)

you're great, thanks :)

we'll have tons of good laughs till you 'get it', how childish your behavior are. till then, have fun pointing at others for your problems.

they never denied your bug. they denied that you could accurately show them the bug in a way they can reproduce it. they denied that you seriously cooperate, that you correctly and in a useful way replied to their questions.

and that's why we all laugh about your behavior: because, in the forum, you behave the same.

nowadays about everyone uses multicores, and mostly everyone uses midi. so if it would be a great bug that occurs everywhere, then we all couldn't use live AT ALL.

so no, you're quite lonely. maybe your actual midi-device has a bug? i have one midi-usb adapter that can even bluescreen my pc. who knows if it's live, and not a driver, or some hw, or something in between?

all details that YOU should provide us, so we, or the official support, could help. but no, all you have done as far as i've seen is crying around how crap ableton is. looks like you just don't like someone you know there (as you are very close to them, that i've heard before)

omg

Post by omg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 pm

^^^ :lol: