Live 8.0.9 still crashing....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3phase

Re: Live 8.0.9 still crashing....

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:17 pm

daverman.. you really dont got it? they had a dualcore midi bug that affected many many users and they didnt got it...

they needed month to reproduce it and to inform theiere userbase..

That are facts.. and its just recent history and this has nothing to do with me beeing funny... its not funny when a big company like ableton dont finds such a heavy bug on them own... its a kind of supergau on a new version release of a stage related software..

You guys are constantly wiping theese little accidents under the carpet..

And so it seems likely to belife that other problems will get handled the same way..in 4 month from now ableton will acknowledge another mean big bug found and fixed, that by accident is related to the crashes we report now?
Last edited by 3phase on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

esky

Post by esky » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Fact is.. Ableton had ignored and denied the exsitence of the real nasty dualcore/midi bug for month..
What midibug please...? Just to let us know...

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:21 pm

windows home server had a bug that could delete files. it took them about 8 months to find the bug. but you know what? it was a real team of humans WORKING ON THAT FOR 8 MONTHS.

bugs are sometimes very hard to pin down, especially in complex software. the software i develop is simple, and still, bugs can take months to get pinned down on WHY they exist.

just because it takes ages, doesn't mean they are working on it, or don't take it seriously. but you got so much replies on this forum from ableton supporters, that told officially, in public, that you FAILED TO HELP THEM FINDING AND FIXING THE BUG, that, sorry, i have no reason to believe you. especially as all you still do is spamming the forum with attacks against ableton live, and it's developers.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

omg

Post by omg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 pm

esky wrote:
Fact is.. Ableton had ignored and denied the exsitence of the real nasty dualcore/midi bug for month..

THE midi bug :!:

omg

Post by omg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Hey Abes!

i have THE audio bug!!!!!!

fix it!!!!!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:28 pm

esky wrote:

Use of midi led to crashes on varios models of apple computers.. which models wasnt told.. but a poll i started maybe 2 month ago had a 50% result of users with crashes... i guess most related to that midi bug..

Ableton never anounced that heavy bug in public but they did on this thread here

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... ilit=+poll

As i see now theiere under the carpet politics works well...

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

yeah, and a poll that results in "Total votes : 68" is sure representative that the MAJORITY OF ABLETON LIVE USERS HAVE THAT PROBLEM. because that can easily be scaled up then to maybe even millions of live users. easily. there can't be any error.

yeah.. :)

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:40 pm

the tendency was strong enough to provocate a statement of an ableton official... that informed us about switching dualcore support of to achive stage stability..
And for one beeing blamed to have its only lonley and personal bug, the result of the poll was strong enough to indicate that i am not the bad guy here.. and reality is somehow different.

The fix with the switching off of the dualcore support was only published in this thread.. never officially..
#Does this says something?

An information that should have been anounced with a sticker on the day it was known and not weeks later..
Ther are people out there that have gigs.. and not all of them only on saturdays...

Sorry.. thats really bad behaviour for a companie that tells us that they love music and do it all for the sake of the musicmaking people..

So ableton.. do we have known problems now again where you prefer to be silent about to dont conflict with potential sales?
we fix it in the mix?
what a shitty world*SMILE*
http://www.liberalismus-portal.de/image ... rwelle.jpg

omg

Post by omg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 pm

3phase wrote:...indicate that i am not the bad guy here...
you are right!
your are not the bad guy... you are the funny guy!

do you already know about the Zeitgeist movie?

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:45 pm

so far it's an issue that maybe 30 people have (but the poll wasn't specifically about that problem, but about 'having tons of crashes').

while i agree, helping them should be a priority, it's still not at all a major thing. 30 persons worldwide is simply NOTHING. still a problem for those, sure.

then again, your behavior and ableton bashing is just as bad of a behavior than the bad behavior you point at on abletons side. you're no better. actually, with your chivvy in here, you're much worse.

dom

Post by dom » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:58 pm

3phase wrote:daverman.. you really dont got it? they had a dualcore midi bug that affected many many users and they didnt got it...
Might doing me a favor?
Please stop abusing our policy of no-censorship by spreading lies on our forum.

In the long run it will harm your reputation as an artist more than ours as a company, what seems to be your intention in claiming to suffer from bugs you don't report.
Let's get some things straight again:

a) You refused to send us the necessary information about your "famous" midi bug, everyone can look up the evidence for this in the forum.

b) You were not able to find a single person that was suffering from the exactly same bug, you did a poll about "general crashing", you didn't even narrow down your poll to Mac or midi related bugs - everyone can look up evidence for this in the forum.

c) Eventually we found one single guy in our inbox that was suffering from the same problem, he sent us the information we needed, we fixed the bug - you benefited from that, without providing anything useful yourself - everyone can look this up in the forum.

I'm happy to see an answer and will not take it personal if you can prove me wrong.
Else i suggest stopping spreading wrong accusations as this could be judged as slander.

Cheers,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:58 pm

sorry man.. the poll is of cause not statistical correct.. but seeing the usual amount of resonance a poll gets here it has casted many votes and you can estimate that it must be a good part of the apple users that god affected by the bug...

defenetly more than 30 people worldwide..

when the info of ableton is correct that the problem is related to certain mac models.. and my standard 2,16 ghz mac book is one of them.. a very well sold model...

We can assume that many 1000 users had potential bug issues... but probably not all of them had the fun to try it on stage or bothered to complain..

i also have ssen a tendency from people that use many hacked plugs to never complain about crashes because they think they are related to all theier "free" plugs...

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:05 pm

no you can't assume that as the amount of people with bugs that a) use forums and b) post/vote about it is much higher than the amount of people without bugs that use the forums, and post/vote.

this is general internet knowledge. people with problems are much more frequent and loud about it in the internet. and this not by a factor of two, or so, but sometimes a factor of 1000.

we only everyhwere ever hear the extremists. in news, in the web, everywhere. but the majority aren't.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Might doing me a favor?
Please stop abusing our policy of no-censorship by spreading lies on our forum.
i am not spreading lies
n the long run it will harm your reputation as an artist more than ours as a company, what seems to be your intention in claiming to suffer from bugs you don't report.
Let's get some things straight again:

a) You refused to send us the necessary information about your "famous" midi bug, everyone can look up the evidence for this in the forum.

The only harm for my artist reputation is done by 42 level peaks or crashes on stage caused by your bugs...

And again.. i havent refused to give the info..you dropped my support case the day i started to give that info..
Because it wasnt detailed enough.

I actually would assume that when info is not detailed enough you ask for the details and dont drop the case.

besides.. your questions about my setup have been prooven irelevant by the nature of the bug.. while my initial description of the bug back in july has been prooven wright...

b) You were not able to find a single person that was suffering from the exactly same bug, you did a poll about "general crashing", you didn't even narrow down your poll to Mac or midi related bugs - everyone can look up evidence for this in the forum.
polemik bullshit actually close to a lie..
You allways give one the image that one has singular problems on a singular setup..
The pols aswell as my initial question on the forum was just to know if this is the case..

Either a singular problem.. like faulty hardware.. bad os installation fucked ram..
that i can solve myself.. The most radical form.. old synthesziser goes..shiny new laptop comes.
can be performd in one week... but seeing the price rise of old synthesizers and the bad value keeping of laptops i only would do this if proove is there...

But to the contrary..the last poll has forced aleton to comit the midi bug.. and you stated that you can fix it.. so no reason to cange the machine..

But now trouble again..again my singular problem? The new poll will show..

But in case it shows again thats a common and not a personal problem and therfore only fixable by ableton..

Can you fix it this time? any prognosis how many more month live keeps the crashing app?

c) Eventually we found one single guy in our inbox that was suffering from the same problem, he sent us the information we needed, we fixed the bug - you benefited from that, without providing anything useful yourself - everyone can look this up in the forum.

I'm happy to see an answer and will not take it personal if you can prove me wrong.
Else i suggest stopping spreading wrong accusations as this could be judged as slander.

Cheers,

Sorry mr dom.. when you wouldnt have dropped my case you would have got your midi bug earlier..
Or not.. because finding a bug needs to accept the possibility that there is one.

And only one guy in your box except bad 3phase with a bug like this? how can this be?

Wasnt it the truth that certain apple models are affected?
And wouldnt this say that hundret of thousends computers out there would potentially show the bug if anybody would use live? But only 2 on your list, and over 30 out of 60 in a little poll?

How can this be? And again..how can such a bug pass betatesting?
Is something going wrong with ableton and the tracking of the bugs?

In over half a year... no betatester got the bug... only 2 users reported the bug.. first on a nasty one like me and than month later a second on that finaly enabled you to find it?

Do you think that sounds like a good performance? from abletons/betatester side and from the users response to problems?

Do you really think thats ok?

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 pm

which poll showed the midi bug? "How often is Live 8 crashing during heavy usage prod/stage times"

is not a poll about a midi bug.

it simply isn't. even if you wanted it to be. it's a general poll about live 8 crashing.