Installing Live Packs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wa

Installing Live Packs

Post by wa » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 am

Is there any way to install the "ableten" live packs so that they appear in the browser in live? I've got them on my desk top and also in my "music library" but I can't find them or move them to live's browser? How do I do this? Thanks.

adventurepants_

Re: Installing Live Packs

Post by adventurepants_ » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:18 am

wa wrote:Is there any way to install the "ableten" live packs so that they appear in the browser in live? I've got them on my desk top and also in my "music library" but I can't find them or move them to live's browser? How do I do this? Thanks.
File Menu - Install Live Packs.

Point it towards where the Live Pack is.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

trommelmeister

Post by trommelmeister » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:45 am

adventurepants_ wrote: File Menu - Install Live Packs.

This is one way, but then you have to install each of the ten packs one by one. If you just drag all the ten alp files from you file browser onto Ableton Live's window, all ten packs will be installed in one action.
wa wrote:Is there any way to install the "ableten" live packs so that they appear in the browser in live? I've got them on my desk top and also in my "music library" but I can't find them or move them to live's browser? How do I do this? Thanks.
Please don't be offended as this is maybe a silly question: Did you unzip the downloaded files before you tried dragging them to Live's window?

HTH, Martin

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:34 am

trommelmeister wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote: File Menu - Install Live Packs.

This is one way, but then you have to install each of the ten packs one by one. If you just drag all the ten alp files from you file browser onto Ableton Live's window, all ten packs will be installed in one action.
Please don't be offended as this is maybe a silly question: Did you unzip the downloaded files before you tried dragging them to Live's window?

HTH, Martin
Well you learn something new every day. thanks for that tip!
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

wa

Post by wa » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 am

Thanks for the help....I did unzip...but I didn't realize that there was an install live pack option...thanks!!!