Padkontrol troubleshooting/setup

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Fraeg

Padkontrol troubleshooting/setup

Post by Fraeg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:17 pm

*Edit* I found the solution. It has to do with the windows USB registry. If the padkontrol gets registered past the 10th slot it will not work. I had mine in the 15th USB registry. If anyone has this same problem where the driver will not work send me a PM and I will explain how to fix it.

I have used the search function but haven't found an answer:

setup:
Dell xps m1710 laptop
xp pro sp 3
Ableton live suite 8.1.1
Akai apc40
Korg Padkontrol
Lexicon Omega

I have read and re-read the Korg manual and I can't figure out how to get it to work. How I have things setup ( a photo essay :| )

if i try and trasmit or receive i get:

thank you for your time, any feedback appreciated... new to this stuff and pretty overwhelmed.
Last edited by Fraeg on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."

Slightlydelic

Re: Padkontrol troubleshooting/setup

Post by Slightlydelic » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:49 pm

up at the top of the midi preferences where it says control surfaces and lists APC and Padkontrol. it shouldnt be saying USB audio device in the input and output boxes,

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:53 pm

other than that, go into start programs korg padkontrol or whatever its listed as in there and install the midi driver, duno what the real deal is with installing the PK but when you think your installing the midi driver from disc your not, your installing a program into yur start menu that will install the midi driver. fcuking weird i know, but that seems to be what goes on.

Fraeg

Post by Fraeg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:up at the top of the midi preferences where it says control surfaces and lists APC and Padkontrol. it shouldnt be saying USB audio device in the input and output boxes,
ok my options in korg and ableton are:

I made both "lexicon usb midi"

should i have more options? it still isn't working

appreciate your help, cheers
"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."

Fraeg

Post by Fraeg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 pm

ShelLuser wrote:No, no, no... The USB audio device is obviously your APC40, the Korg seems to be the lexigon midi device. So set those accordingly.

And why not set the sound playback device in windows to your speakers?
ok did made that change, apc40 to usb audio. The korg is attached to computer via usb cable... so it seems like i should have a "usb audio device 2" or something.

As for the sound playback it goes to the lexicon omega because it acts as an external sound card. And my speakers are plugged into the lexicon omega

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm

ShelLuser wrote:You only got an USB audio device because Windows can't really handle / support the APC and thus turns it into a default setting. In this case "usb audio device". You probably have drivers for the other device, hence it getting referenced by name.

mine shows up as Akai apc40 on the ins and outs.

Fraeg

Post by Fraeg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:
ShelLuser wrote:You only got an USB audio device because Windows can't really handle / support the APC and thus turns it into a default setting. In this case "usb audio device". You probably have drivers for the other device, hence it getting referenced by name.

mine shows up as Akai apc40 on the ins and outs.

what ins and outs? are you talking about a windows audio devices? or something in a ableton?

Fraeg

Post by Fraeg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:30 pm

well I think I found the culprit

though I have no idea what to do about this, I have completely uninstalled all korg stuff/drivers/editor etc. and then reinstalled it twice. I recognizes I have the padkontrol but the driver won't work correctly :cry:

Fraeg

Post by Fraeg » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:48 am

solution here....

i would never have found this because it is with Vista and I have xp. some dude from the netherlands steared me in this direction

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=32888